Lets start a petition to get rid of Rowand...

BlackSoX30

I think its safe to say that Aaron Rowand needs to go.. We have no need for him, he isnt producing after the whole month. I think we need to let borchard have the job.. Even if he only bats .222 he is going to hit HR's and drive in runs that we NEED at this point. Harris or Borchard need to make thier way up SOON and if they dont, well the Sox must WANT to lose then.. This sucks... Whats wrong with this team??

Welcome to Soxtalk!

Or Soxnet!

Or whatever the hell the name of this place is!

I never got a "welcome". :angry:

Mr. Eye,

welcome to soxtalk!

or soxnet!

or whatever the hell we call this place!

I'm still waiting to meet you - I think it was in Milwaukee in 2001 in July when Rocky Biddle pitched, a bunch of us went and somehow we never hooked up.

I guess maybe you being the Eye saw me first and took off - :lol:

I feel sorry for Borchard if he comes up and still has that hole in his swing. If he goes through a bad streak like Ventura did (0-41 I think), I am betting he will also be getting booed mercilessly off the field and have insults hurled at him like Rowand had from his own team's fans in CF last night.

I hope the people screaming for Borchard won't be the same ones screaming at him if he struggles. I remember just a year or so ago when everyone was screaming to bring Rowand up, put him in LF, and trade C. Lee.

I feel sorry for Borchard if he comes up and still has that hole in his swing. If he goes through a bad streak like Ventura did (0-41 I think), I am betting he will also be getting booed mercilessly off the field and have insults hurled at him like Rowand had from his own team's fans in CF last night.

I hope the people screaming for Borchard won't be the same ones screaming at him if he struggles. I remember just a year or so ago when everyone was screaming to bring Rowand up, put him in LF, and trade C. Lee.

and if this board is anything like the ESPN board, it is probably same people as where calling for him to come up, that are saying send him down now.

you make all good points but what happend in CF with AR yesterday? Were "fans" really giving him s***? What happened?

you make all good points but what happend in CF with AR yesterday? Were "fans" really giving him s***? What happened?

Yes, there were a few out there really giving it to him bad. Personal insults, profanity, the works. There were others yelling out to MB that he sucks, isn't a major league pitcher and should leave for St. Louis. There was another that ripped into Maggs for missing the ball in the fog.

Yes, there were a few out there really giving it to him bad. Personal insults, profanity, the works. There were others yelling out to MB that he sucks, isn't a major league pitcher and should leave for St. Louis. There was another that ripped into Maggs for missing the ball in the fog.

we have some real asshole fans.

No one says that s*** in the upper deck because we'd throw throw them over the side.

Plus, out of frustration AR made a huge mistake and answered one of the guys back. The guy looked to be about 300+ lbs and AR said "Why don't you try losing about 40 lbs." That just made the heckling worse.

All of it is nothing new. I remember last year listening to a bunch of people rip into Foulke as he warmed up and came into a game, now everyone wishes he was still here.

Oh cw it was bad. We heard it all the way by us.

Welcome to Soxtalk!

Or Soxnet!

Or whatever the hell the name of this place is!

I never got a "welcome". :angry:

Mr. Eye,

welcome to soxtalk!

or soxnet!

or whatever the hell we call this place!

I'm still waiting to meet you - I think it was in Milwaukee in 2001 in July when Rocky Biddle pitched, a bunch of us went and somehow we never hooked up.

I guess maybe you being the Eye saw me first and took off - :lol:

I know! I got pretty drunk that day with mt brother-in-law. I don't think he ever recovered. He dropped out of college, got his car repoted. I'm a bad influence. :cheers

Plus, out of frustration AR made a huge mistake and answered one of the guys back. The guy looked to be about 300+ lbs and AR said "Why don't you try losing about 40 lbs." That just made the heckling worse.

All of it is nothing new. I remember last year listening to a bunch of people rip into Foulke as he warmed up and came into a game, now everyone wishes he was still here.

AR should have known better than to fed the crowd.

It just amazes me that people want to yell insults at other people, and especially so-called fans. Trashing one's own team, I simply do not understand.

The loudest ruckus we had was the guy who sits behind me was vehemently opposed to honoring Cal Ripken and made that known.

AR certainly messed up by responding. Fans see you act like a jerk like that and they definitely arent gonna like you anymore. But the fans should shut up too. I think theyre just overreacting at how much weve stunk so every little mistake kills em...

Guys and Gals, fans do have some reason to be frustrated with Aaron. He has been awful. The thing is, he hasn't been the only one awful, the entire offense on the most part has been awful. Not one player has been consistent. Heck Aaron being conistently awful is the most consistent thing we have on offense.

I'm not sure whats going on, but someone is going to have to step up or something is going to have to happen to wake this guys up. They play so selfish offensively and look to only care about their stats. This isn't the same "team" attitude that there was in 2000 when the guys didn't give a rats behind about their stats. I don't know what Ward does nor did I know what Joshua did but I sure hope they get back to those 2000 basics.

Guys and Gals, fans do have some reason to be frustrated with Aaron.  He has been awful.  The thing is, he hasn't been the only one awful, the entire offense on the most part has been awful.  Not one player has been consistent.  Heck Aaron being conistently awful is the most consistent thing we have on offense.

I'm not sure whats going on, but someone is going to have to step up or something is going to have to happen to wake this guys up.  They play so selfish offensively and look to only care about their stats.  This isn't the same "team" attitude that there was in 2000 when the guys didn't give a rats  behind about their stats.  I don't know what Ward does nor did I know what Joshua did but I sure hope they get back to those 2000 basics.

Wise words, Jason.

In 2001 when the season started we (and I include me) blamed Clayton, Ramirez and Baines. Then when two of those were gone, it was all blame Clayton.

In 2002 it was all Clayton's fault.

Now Aaron is taking the brunt of it.

Hell, they all have been sucking to various degrees. By focusing the blame on one player, we not only do wrong to that player but we stop looking at the bigger problems, or that they involve more players.

We are 1 game over 500 and we should we more. No one can tell em that if anyone else played CF we would be 10 over. I can't think of a game that can be pined on Aaron. This team has been doing bad as a team, AR included, but to make him the scapegoat is unfair. And at least he has played good D.

Guys and Gals, fans do have some reason to be frustrated with Aaron.  He has been awful.  The thing is, he hasn't been the only one awful, the entire offense on the most part has been awful.  Not one player has been consistent.  Heck Aaron being conistently awful is the most consistent thing we have on offense.

I'm not sure whats going on, but someone is going to have to step up or something is going to have to happen to wake this guys up.  They play so selfish offensively and look to only care about their stats.  This isn't the same "team" attitude that there was in 2000 when the guys didn't give a rats  behind about their stats.  I don't know what Ward does nor did I know what Joshua did but I sure hope they get back to those 2000 basics.

Exactly. No one on this team right now is hitting the cover off the ball. And our main guy to blame is Aaron? :nono :nono

I refuse to sign.

But welcome :usa

Guest hotsoxchick1

well if ya blame aaron you gotta put blame to everyone who isnt named jose, estaban, or frank.......they are the only ones who are hitting homers, pitching lights out and getting on base consistantly..........everyone else just flat out sucks............i have faith that aaron will come around soon ..hes just got to make adjustments to compensate for his shoulder.. which must still be bothering him a bit ............at least thats what i see anyhow.........btw welcome to you and mr. eye.....and im not gonna sign anything that wont get kw out of town faster.......... ;)

well if ya blame aaron you gotta put blame to everyone who isnt named jose, estaban, or frank.......they are the only ones who are hitting homers, pitching lights out and getting on base consistantly..........everyone else just flat out sucks............i have faith that aaron will come around soon ..hes just got to make adjustments to compensate for his shoulder.. which must still be bothering him a bit ............at least thats what i see anyhow.........btw welcome to you and mr. eye.....and im not gonna sign anything that wont get kw out of town faster.......... ;)

Exactly. Rowand played fine last season, but now he's awful. Hmmm.... I wonder why. It was the same situation with Frank last year. Everyone thinks that if a player is on the field after an injury, they play just like they did before.

Plus, out of frustration AR made a huge mistake and answered one of the guys back. The guy looked to be about 300+ lbs and AR said "Why don't you try losing about 40 lbs."

LMAO!

That earns Aaron an extra week in the majors IMO.

:D