2005 NFL picks

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
NFC NORTH: Bears

NFC EAST: Eagles

NFC SOUTH: Falcons

NFC WEST: Seahawks

NFC WILD CARD: Vikings

NFC WILD CARD: Rams

AFC NORTH: Steelers

AFC EAST: Patriots

AFC SOUTH: Colts

AFC WEST: Broncos

AFC WILD CARD: Texans

AFC WILD CARD: Chargers

NFC Champion: Seahawks

AFC Champion: Patriots

Super Bowl Champion: Patriots

Bears Record: 10-6

:bang

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
:bang

i think the bears are good enough to win the division. It sucks. I don't trust the Vikings defense. As long as Grossman stays healthy than they have a good chance. They will be improved though. I like the Texans as a team that if everything falls into place they could go 9-7 and steal a wild card spot. I'm also not entirely sold on Drew Brees yet.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
i think the bears are good enough to win the division.  It sucks.  I don't trust the Vikings defense.  As long as Grossman stays healthy than they have a good chance.  They will be improved though.  I like the Texans as a team that if everything falls into place they could go 9-7 and steal a wild card spot.  I'm also not entirely sold on Drew Brees yet.

Josh, that's wonderful. However, this is a an inquiry into whether or not we'll be doing weekly picks this year.

You pick a winner in every game, straight up. Day games are worth 1 point, Sunday night games are worth 2 points, and Monday night games are worth 3 points.

Last year was a lot of fun, although most people would forget to post their picks for a particular week, and therefore were pretty much eliminated. It was basically a 5 man race between myself, knightni, danman, greasy, and cali.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
I wish I could say I'd handle it, cause I wanna, but I have a feeling I'd let everyone down ala last year.

Well, myself and someone else (DBAHO, perhaps) could tally everything up, check each other's numbers, and then send the figures to you for insertion on the website instead of you having to do everything solo.

I'll be happy to participate and whoop all your asses. I haven't done weekly NFL picks in a while, but I won my Mom a lot of money by making her pool picks from ages 10-18. I did win the Soxtalk College Football pickem last year, but I think that was basically because everyone gave up on it in the last couple weeks. I'd run a college football or college basketball one if there is enough interest.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
Josh, that's wonderful.  However, this is a an inquiry into whether or not we'll be doing weekly picks this year. 

You pick a winner in every game, straight up.  Day games are worth 1 point, Sunday night games are worth 2 points, and Monday night games are worth 3 points. 

Last year was a lot of fun, although most people would forget to post their picks for a particular week, and therefore were pretty much eliminated.  It was basically a 5 man race between myself, knightni, danman, greasy, and cali.

sorry. Damn. I'm juist a moron that's all. :D

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 05:40 AM)
Well, myself and someone else (DBAHO, perhaps) could tally everything up, check each other's numbers, and then send the figures to you for insertion on the website instead of you having to do everything solo.

Yeah I helped Spiff won one week with some html stuff on those picks, so I'll help out again this season, since it's always good fun. :)

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
Last year was a lot of fun, although most people would forget to post their picks for a particular week, and therefore were pretty much eliminated.  It was basically a 5 man race between myself, knightni, danman, greasy, and cali.

I was in the top 2 or 3 , then the contest died a slow death.

Who is running it this year?