Burnett deal nearly done?

peanut33tillman

Yea, but this?

The Phillies trying to get reliever Danys Baez from Tampa Bay in order to trade closer Billy Wagner for a starting pitcher, says the Newark Star-Ledger. Both the Red Sox and White Sox have indicated to Philadelphia they might be interested in sending A.J. Burnett there in exchange for Wagner if they could get Burnett from the Marlins.

Now how would ya'll feel about that?

J.Stark on AJB............................ Could this trade deadline really come and go WITHOUT the most attractive pitcher on the market getting traded? The chances of that have never seemed higher, believe it or not. The White Sox, after deciding that Burnett wasn't a good bet to sign a long-term deal with them, have shown no interest in sweetening their offer for him.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
Well in the time since these rumors began, BMac has pitched two stellar games in Charlotte.  Not only is the idea of this trade getting old, but it is losing its attraction as well...

SFF

Yep, I'm becoming indifferent to it. I don't blame KW if he doesn't pull the trigger at this point. I mean you take on Lowell, who sux and his fat contract and then what if AJ joins us and sux too, then AJ doesn't even sign an extension??? Too much risk, not enough probable reward.

I'll back KW if it happens, but I won't cry if it doesn't at this point.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
Yep, I'm becoming indifferent to it. I don't blame KW if he doesn't pull the trigger at this point. I mean you take on Lowell, who sux and his fat contract and then what if AJ joins us and sux too, then AJ doesn't even sign an extension??? Too much risk, not enough probable reward.

Call me crazy, but I just have this feeling that Lowell will do well if he ends up on the Sox. Im thinking that maybe he will get a little rejuvenated if put squarely in the lead of a pennant race on the best team in the majors. Who knows if it happens, but I think Lowell will be the one I prefer subbing for Crede instead of PaButcher Ozuna, and Ozuna can stick to backing up Uribe and Iguchi.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)

just in: the sox have talked to Babe Ruth'S agent and he's willing to play for the sox for the rest of the season pro gratis. This makes as much sense as anything else. :puke

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
Call me crazy, but I just have this feeling that Lowell will do well if he ends up on the Sox. Im thinking that maybe he will get a little rejuvenated if put squarely in the lead of a pennant race on the best team in the majors.  Who knows if it happens, but I think Lowell will be the one I prefer subbing for Crede instead of PaButcher Ozuna, and Ozuna can stick to backing up Uribe and Iguchi.

Nice to meet you Crazy, I'm Los Medias Blancas.

So, we'll have a how many million dollar has been ON THE BENCH? Listen to what you're saying, he's not good enough to start over Crede??!!...at how many million??

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)

So, we'll have a how many million dollar has been ON THE BENCH? Listen to what you're saying, he's not good enough to start over Crede??!!...at how many million??

He could have a good end to the season, and be very tradeworthy by the end of the season. It has happened before.

Im just looking at it like it has to get done right now. Im going crazy like this kids mom sort of crazy

http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1597352/

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)

Lowell's stats have gotten progressively better each month this year. Granted, he started at .190 in April. The guy is a proven talent, and wouldn't put it past him to break out. You know, like the "crappy" Eric Chavez and Morgan Ensberg.