Computer Problem

HighHeat45

I was playing a game online on my PC and all of sudden the screen went orange texturey color and it kept repeating the same phrase someone said over and over and over again. So i held the power button for 5 seconds thinking the game just crashed, but now when it turns on alll i get are a ton of very thin colored bars across the screen and it makes no noises as to sound like its starting up. My dad thinks its my hard drive, but it might also be the video card. Does anyone know what it could be so i dont buy the wrong thing?

QUOTE(56789 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
I was  playing a game online on my PC and all of  sudden the screen went orange texturey color and it kept repeating the same phrase someone said over and over and over again. So i held the power button for 5 seconds thinking the game just crashed, but now when it turns on alll i get are a ton of very thin colored bars across the screen and it makes no noises as to sound like its starting up. My dad thinks its my hard drive, but it might also be the video card. Does anyone know what it could be so i dont buy the wrong thing?

If you downloaded the game from an unknown site it could very well be a virus. It could be the monitor. It could be an error in the POST process. It could also be the system registry. Many possibilities. I reccomend you take it to a professional to get it looked at. Best Buy always helps me...

No i bought the game so i dont think its a virus with that at least. My uncle works with my dad and does all of the companys computer s*** and he usually looks at peoples computers when they have problems with them, but then ill have to wait until monday to find out and wont get it fixed till HOPEFULLY tuesday or wednesday :chair

QUOTE(56789 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
No i bought the game so i dont think its a virus with that at least. My uncle works with my dad and does all of the companys computer s*** and he usually looks at peoples computers when they have problems with them, but then ill have to wait until monday to find out and wont get it fixed till  HOPEFULLY tuesday or wednesday :chair

Eh, sucks for you. :D

I'm just joshin' ya! ;) :lol:

QUOTE(56789 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
No i bought the game so i dont think its a virus with that at least. My uncle works with my dad and does all of the companys computer s*** and he usually looks at peoples computers when they have problems with them, but then ill have to wait until monday to find out and wont get it fixed till  HOPEFULLY tuesday or wednesday :chair

More than likely, you have a bad video card and you'll need to buy a new one. Make sure buy the right one - AGP or PCI. Hope this helps.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:55 PM)
If you downloaded the game from an unknown site it could very well be a virus. It could be the monitor. It could be an error in the POST process. It could also be the system registry. Many possibilities. I reccomend you take it to a professional to get it looked at. Best Buy always helps me...

I thought you said to take it to a pro? :lol:

I messed around with my video card once trying to make it faster and now there's little glitches in the textures in a few games. I think it also has poor cooling which leads it to overheat rather quickly.

Make sure your cases and especially the video card and CPU are well cooled when you're playing graphically intensive games.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
I messed around with my video card once trying to make it faster and now there's little glitches in the textures in a few games. I think it also has poor cooling which leads it to overheat rather quickly.

Make sure your cases and especially the video card and CPU are well cooled when you're playing graphically intensive games.

Thats what i think happened to mine, i tried running on high settings when i was on low, and it was a little slow, but i think it just overheated... Thanks for the help everyone