Monday Matinee Game Thread 8-1-05

aboz56

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
The only way we would have seen suspensions if Baltimore cared enough to clear the benches and throw punches.

Baltimore knew it was coming and would have done the same thing. No reason to clear the benches.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
I can see your point too.  By the way, do you think there will be any tension if the boys on both teams wind up at the same Dairy Queen when they go for after-game treats?

:lol:

Unless Mazzilli's one of those guys that give his kids fruit..... I always hated fruit as a reward.....

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 12:36 PM)
These bastards have to know that they will be drilled if they do that s***.  Suspension or not.  We can't keep taking it and taking it.  We did in Oakland.  Now Baltimore is trying the same s***.  Vizcaino should drill the next batter he faces to even the score.

The Sox are done with Baltimore after today. I think a 4 game sweep to basically end their season would be retaliation enough. Everyone knows retalitation gets you ejections and suspensions. Its been that way for a few years. I again think he would have got a warning if Ozzie wasn't so vocal last night, or he mearly brushed him back.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
The only way we would have seen suspensions if Baltimore cared enough to clear the benches and throw punches.

And they're too busy trying to bail the water out of the sinking ship their season has become.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
Baltimore knew it was coming and would have done the same thing.  No reason to clear the benches.

No reason to clear the benches... just saying what it takes to get a suspension. Besides the more this series goes on, the more the O's look like they are ready to throw in the towel.

Mark Buehrle could care less about that streak and the fact that he did this before the 6th inning endears him to his teammates even more IMO. This kind of stuff brings a team closer together.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
The Sox are done with Baltimore after today. I think a 4 game sweep to basically end their season would be retaliation enough. Everyone knows retalitation gets you ejections and suspensions. Its been that way for a few years. I again think he would have got a warning if Ozzie wasn't so vocal last night, or he mearly brushed him back.

It's not just about Baltimore. It sends the same message to the rest of the league.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:40 PM)
Mark Buehrle could care less about that streak and the fact that he did this before the 6th inning endears him to his teammates even more IMO.  This kind of stuff brings a team closer together.

I agree. I feel that what happened today is one of those defining moments of this team.

Edited by SHAFTR

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 12:40 PM)
Mark Buehrle could care less about that streak and the fact that he did this before the 6th inning endears him to his teammates even more IMO.  This kind of stuff brings a team closer together.

This seems to be true.

Remember how much credit was given to Toriiiii Hunter for "demoralizing" the Sox on the infamous Burke Play.

I can't believe any Sox fan who knows anything about the game would not be thrilled with what MB did today drilling one of theirs.

They hit two of ours and you better damn well know were gonna hit one of theirs.

MB earned a helluva lot of respect from his teammates today and this team became even closer because of what he did.