The Streak Is Over

knightni

The ump was a piece of s*** today! Just warn both clubs and move on. Since when can't an opposing pitcher protect their hitters? Its a shaim to have such a great streak snapped by such a clueless umpire. Oh well the most important thing is Mark got the win- we swept their asses & the magic # keeps on shrinking!!

YEESSS!!!!!! :sweep: :sweep: :gosox1: :gosox1:

Seriously, the streak doesn't really matter. There are a ton of circumstances entirely out of the pitcher's control that can interrupt a streak like this...a 2 hour rain delay in the 4th inning, for example, and of course a judgement call by a jackass umpire. Sure, it's a nice little stat to have, and something for Mark and White Sox fans to feel proud of, but at the end of the day I don't care. A couple of times it seems like Ozzie left Mark out to get his six despite the fact he didn't have it (@Oakland earlier this year and then last week).

What's more important is that the team could've responded by laying down after their ace was tossed. They didn't...they finished the job and responded like a championship team should, unlike what happened out in Oakland when the umps took over the game with that Crede situation.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
Seriously, the streak doesn't really matter. There are a ton of circumstances entirely out of the pitcher's control that can interrupt a streak like this...a 2 hour rain delay in the 4th inning, for example, and of course a judgement call by a jackass umpire. Sure, it's a nice little stat to have, and something for Mark and White Sox fans to feel proud of, but at the end of the day I don't care. A couple of times it seems like Ozzie left Mark out to get his six despite the fact he didn't have it (@Oakland earlier this year and then last week).

What's more important is that the team could've responded by laying down after their ace was tossed. They didn't...they finished the job and responded like a championship team should, unlike what happened out in Oakland when the umps took over the game with that Crede situation.

Well put lil Bulldog.......................MERCY!

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
I think you misinterpereted Steff's post.

I think so also.. so I'll clarify.

The irony in saying it doesn't matter.. but the need to have a thread about it. It was sarcasm. I'm just forgetting the green all over the place today. Although I thought this guy would have made it obvious.. -> :rolly

I'll be more careful to make the text green in the future as that's the second time today I've been misunderstood.

Personally, I'm happy to see Buehrle's streak end. Honestly, who ever cared about a streak like this? I think it's a good thing the streak is over, as it might save Buehrle some unnecessary pitches the rest of the season in order to keep the streak going. There was no reason to keep Buehrle in for 6 full innings in his last start by KC where they put up a big crooked number in the 6th inning. Buehrle throws a ton of innings, and I don't think it would be a bad thing if Ozzie plays it safe with him down the stretch (assuming we still have a solid lead).