Sep 1 00:00AM - playoff bound roster

JUGGERNAUT

That is the deadline for adding playoff eligible players to the 40 man roster. Any player not added to the 40 man roster by then is not eligible for post season play. DL players are part of the 40 man roster.

Since the waiver free deadline was a bust because too many teams think they are contenders we can expect this deadline to be the big one. Many more teams will be sellers and the buyers will be more desperate.

No rest for the weary this season. KW's ulcers, headaches, & nightmares have only just begun. :pray

OAK won again tonight. MIN ain't worth shee-it!

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 04:57 PM)
Who's likely to get called up for September?

Brian Anderson, Jeff Bajenaru, Felix Diaz, Arnie Munoz to name a few. Anderson could rotate in the DH spot with Everett and even get a game or 2 in the OF.

I think a lot of it depends on how far we're up in the division, how close we are to clinching. If the division is just about wrapped about I think you'll definitely see Brandon back up here to get a few starts, give the Duke a few starts off to have him ready for the playoffs.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
I believe you can add Borchard to the list, as well.

Joe needs a good August down in Charlotte, he was up to .260 a week or 2 ago, now back down to .252. Needs to set himself some targets like a K/BB ratio of less than 2:1.

QUOTE(heirdog @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 08:15 AM)
As far as September call-ups, how many people will be on the active roster after September 1st?  For some reason, I cannot recall.

The entire 40 man roster CAN be there, but that is almost unheard of.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
The entire 40 man roster CAN be there, but that is almost unheard of.

Wow. Thanks. I can see Ozzie wanting 20 peetchers because he doesn't want to wear out "these kids" and using each for 0.1 innings like he does a lot.

QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 12:57 AM)
Who's likely to get called up for September?

I would think they would want another catcher. Is Jamie Burke on the 40 man?

Otherwise, Willie, Gload, BMac, Baj, Diaz, Anderson or Borch. It would give them a chance to rest guys after they clinch.

QUOTE(forrestg @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
I like the idea of adding Borchard he can't field and can't hit for average but if he gets the right pitch he can set the record for longest home run is that a plus or what.

Just like your posts are a plus.