August 3rd Game thread

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
I for one hope at the end of this season you see PK sign on with someone else....I can hardly stand to watch him anymore...its great he hits some homers but he doesn't do much more than that..IMO

I think KW's activity at the trade deadline trying to acquire someone like Huff pretty much guaranteed that PK isn't in our plans next season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 06:54 PM)
I think KW's activity at the trade deadline trying to acquire someone like Huff pretty much guaranteed that PK isn't in our plans next season.

I think the Carlos Lee trade also pretty much guarantees that...KW has to see how many players he got because he dumped Lee's Salary.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)
And .042 overall.

Found that he is hitting .368 with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs.

But .145 with runners in scoring position. Awful.

He definitely hits better w/ runners on 2nd AND 3rd, but w/ just a runner on 3rd it's pretty pathetic. The pitcher's are probably not throwing him anything to hit in that situation, butr he's still swinging away.

That was a nice corpseball sequence to Crede. 3-0 and he swings at a pitch on the outside corner to barely knick it. Next pitch he takes on the outside corner. Then swings a a slider in the dirt on the outside.

Swing a a 3-0 pitch if its something you can murder. Not that you barely knick the outside fastball.

I let El Duque out there but with a very short leash...

If he gives up a long ball, worst case is it becomes 5-3. If anyone gets on base, he should come out. We're not facing the "heart" of their order this inning. He might as well get the chance to win it, just in case someone does something next half inning.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
And .042 overall.

Found that he is hitting .368 with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs.

But .145 with runners in scoring position. Awful.

.245 with RISP

.145 with RISP and 2 outs.

Close and Late Paul is

.340 .426 .585 1.011

He had a horrible month and a half with RISP, but has been pretty good since it.

He's had an OPS over .900 the past two months.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 07:57 PM)
Duque's still in.  When is Ozzie going to actually try and save a pitcher's arm for the stretch run?

He is letting his 40 year old pitcher start an inning with 97 pitches. He will be back on the DL before september.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:58 AM)
Hopefully...when we actually clinch the division.

I know, I know. I just think that it's better to be more careful with the starter at this point in the season than to push him to the max. I just wish Ozzie trusted Cotts a little more.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:57 AM)
I let El Duque out there but with a very short leash...

If he gives up a long ball, worst case is it becomes 5-3.  If anyone gets on base, he should come out.  We're not facing the "heart" of their order this inning.  He might as well get the chance to win it, just in case someone does something next half inning.

I can see that . Is anyone warm in the pen?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:59 AM)
I know, I know.  I just think that it's better to be more careful with the starter at this point in the season than to push him to the max.  I just wish Ozzie trusted Cotts a little more.

Especially with 3 lefties due up.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:59 AM)
He is letting his 40 year old pitcher start an inning with 97 pitches.  He will be back on the DL before september.

I know some will think it's just you and me b****ing.....but I really think it's ridiculous how Ozzie has been handling the pitching lately.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 06:59 PM)
I know, I know.  I just think that it's better to be more careful with the starter at this point in the season than to push him to the max.  I just wish Ozzie trusted Cotts a little more.

Ozzie's said a couple times that he always likes to give his starters a chance to earn the win if the ballgame is close. I think that's why Duque isn't out yet.

Guy on 1st...now I take him out.