August 3rd Game thread

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
I know we've talked about this before, but I'm more concerned with just winning the division right now.  The Indians schedule is so easy, while ours is rather difficult, that if the Indians get on a real hot streak, they could make a race out of the AL Central.

It would be the biggest choke in the history of sports if that happened. It's not going to happen.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
His stats are actually very similar vs. righties and lefties.

Lefties bat .287 compared to .275 for righties. He walks lefties a lot more.

My computer is unbelievably slow right now, but I would guess the OPS against him by lefties is much higher.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
It would be the biggest choke in the history of sports if that happened. It's not going to happen.

Just like how people said there was no way the Red Sox would beat the Yankees after being down 3 games last year? I'm sorry, but there's no guarantees in sports.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
My computer is unbelievably slow right now, but I would guess the OPS against him by lefties is much higher.

.833 for lefties

.755 for righties

He's very inconsitent either way for me.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)
Just like how people said there was no way the Red Sox would beat the Yankees after being down 3 games last year?  I'm sorry, but there's no guarantees in sports.

Up 15 on Cleveland in the loss column, with 50 some games left. Tough for them to play 16 games better than us in that span. If it gets to 5 games, I'll worry.

QUOTE(jamslam @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 07:11 PM)
Are you kidding , Gooch lead off double and 3-4-5 can't hit a ball out of the infield

At Baltimore we hit the ball the other way. We went with the pitch. We went deep into counts.

We get home and the morons are trying to park every single pitch into the stands. They forget how to hit situtationally.

QUOTE(jamslam @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 06:11 PM)
Are you kidding , Gooch lead off double and 3-4-5 can't hit a ball out of the infield

The middle of our lineup is WAY too inconsistent. It is truly amazing we have the record we do.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:11 AM)
Up 15 on Cleveland in the loss column, with 50 some games left. Tough for them to play 16 games better than us in that span. If it gets to 5 games, I'll worry.

The only thing that would even make me consider that the Indians could go on a massive run is the fact they play 20 of their last 56 games against Tampa and KC. Thankfully, neither of these teams traded away their big guys. Thus, it won't be like they're playing their AAA teams.