August 3rd Game thread

Can we get a runner in please.

I mean we cant hit for average, so when we do get a guy in scoring position it would be nice to get a single here and there. We dont need to park one.

When the sox come home and there are good crowds its 2000 corpseball offense. Everyone wants to score 5 runs on every swing. Popups, ground outs, and Ks with men in scoring position oh my.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, Hawk is totally making an ass out of himself tonight. Hillenbrand had that hbp/foul on a 0-1 pitch. If anything, it would have been just strike two. Instead, he's busy b****ing the entire night that it should have been a strikeout.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:24 AM)
Can we get a runner in please. 

I mean we cant hit for average, so when we do get a guy in scoring position it would be nice to get a single here and there.  We dont need to park one.

When the sox come home and there are good crowds its 2000 corpseball offense.  Everyone wants to score 5 runs on every swing. Popups, ground outs, and Ks with men in scoring position oh my.

But we have the best record in baseball.

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
10 in a row retired by El Duque, meanwhile the offense hibernates.

If El Duque only gives up 4 runs in 5-7 innings...there is no good reason why we shouldn't win this game except our hitters doing a terrible job.

If you can't win when your pitcher gives up 4 and then shuts the opposition completely down, you've let that pitcher down. Not everyone can give up only 1 a night.

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
Oof, Carl with an ugly K, this is so f***ing frustrating.

Hey Paulie there are no RISP maybe you can hit the damn ball.

Holy god it worked....we really need to stop moving runners over in front of Konerko.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
PK!!!!  I didn't think that was a homer off the bat at all.  Just a short, quick swing without trying to pull the ball.  SSI must be happy.

I would be happy if we were scoring our guys from 2nd with nobody out. Our team is a homer or nothing team at home.