Sox agreed to trade for Griffey Jr.

maggsmaggs

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
Interesting but there is no space for Junior.  Unless maybe if we moved Dye to SS and Junior to right and Uribe as backup INF. :huh

Uh... :lol:

Ya I heard we are seriously considering moving Dye to short and putting AJ in right while moving Rowand behind the dish.

We need a DH...

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
There's a spot called DH. You could put a hitter there who you don't want to play the field.

Honestly if the White Sox were to get him in that deal, then I could see Griffey going to LF and Pods becoming a DH since Pods isn't so great at fielding.

Griffey would rotate with a bunch of players. He would be in this lineup. His bat is better than anything in our lineup right now.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
Most Likely Griffey can't play a corner OF position due to the condition of his legs. He will only be playing DH and some CF if we were some how able to swing a deal for him.

Huh? Centerfielders have to cover more ground than corner outfielders.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
There's a spot called DH. You could put a hitter there who you don't want to play the field.

Honestly if the White Sox were to get him in that deal, then I could see Griffey going to LF and Pods becoming a DH since Pods isn't so great at fielding.

I would rotate Griff and Everett at left. I totally forgot about Podsednik's defense. I'd put him at DH.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
I really think the Sox need another lefty reliever.  Marte is overrated and he cannot get leftys out.

Name one lefty reliever out there that we could acquire. Guardado is the only name that comes to mind and obviously since KW didn't make a push for him during the regular season he would be reluctant to go after him during the waiver process.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
i really dont see the point in acquiring burroughs when we have crede and blum, i know burroughs is capabl of playing second but are their other positions he is capable of playing

If the Sox pick up Burroughs it will be to push Crede for the starting 3b job next season.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 01:35 PM)
Huh? Centerfielders have to cover more ground than corner outfielders.

Yeah but corner OFers put a lot more torque on their legs, J.D. Drew was talking about it, that's why he pretty much only plays CF now becuase his legs are in as bad shape as Griffeys and LF/RF put more stress on your legs than CF.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
Yeah but corner OFers put a lot more torque on their legs, J.D. Drew was talking about it, that's why he pretty much only plays CF now becuase his legs are in as bad shape as Griffeys and LF/RF put more stress on your legs than CF.

Then I would say Rowand would play LF and Griffey CF.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
I really think the Sox need another lefty reliever.  Marte is overrated and he cannot get leftys out.

J Hood said that The Rockies dont want to resign Fuentes and will probably be put on waivers. On Sporting News Radio I heard Guardado's name mentioned that he'd be a guy that would pass through waivers cause of his injury and contract. Ive been high on Fuentes for a month now and this guy is good. I dont know what Guardado' contract is though. Either way, Fuentes and Guardado, both lefties, good closers. But I agree with you I'd like to see another reliever.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
J Hood said that The Rockies dont want to resign Fuentes and will probably be put on waivers.  On Sporting News Radio I heard Guardado's name mentioned that he'd be a guy that would pass through waivers cause of his injury and contract.  Ive been high on Fuentes for a month now and this guy is good.  I dont know what Guardado' contract is though.  Either way, Fuentes and Guardado, both lefties, good closers.  But I agree with you I'd like to see another reliever.

I have a feeling Fuentes and his 328 K are not sliding through waivers.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
Then I would say Rowand would play LF and Griffey CF.

I would say Griffey would play DH and SOME CF, hardly any. Pods is the kinda guy that has to be moving around at all times in order to keep his legs fresh, he'll continue to be our everyday LFer.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
J Hood said that The Rockies dont want to resign Fuentes and will probably be put on waivers.  On Sporting News Radio I heard Guardado's name mentioned that he'd be a guy that would pass through waivers cause of his injury and contract.  Ive been high on Fuentes for a month now and this guy is good.  I dont know what Guardado' contract is though.  Either way, Fuentes and Guardado, both lefties, good closers.  But I agree with you I'd like to see another reliever.

J Hood also on Saturday that he would be suprised if Jose Conteras makes the playoff roster. Shows how much that guy knows about the White Sox despite his claims of rooting for the White Sox. He pulls so much s*** out of his ass.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
Aw damnit.  Prepare for two weeks of:

Griffey to the White Sox?

Whatever happened to the Griffey deal?

Did the Sox claim Griffey?

I have an old buddy at Skyline Chili that said a Reds scout was working the Sox minor leagues.

Damnit.  Damnit.  Damnit.

I'd rather have this then our world series winning managers, b****ing about Cotts only facing two batters.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)
i think that he is probably past his prime.  The wear and tear on his arm i pretty evident.

His ERA is in the high 5's....pass.

QUESTION: If Griffey was acquired, why not just put him in the 3 spot and at DH and keep the outfield intact?

Wait, why are we talking about this? This deal didn't get done and I know it won't. Sad I know, but I hate having to talk about guys we could've had. Especially my 2nd favorite player ever. I mean if we talk about Griffey, we might as well talk about Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds(both guys we could've had).