Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My weekend (okay, one is Thursday Thursday) picks follow. Just pretend I'm one of those handicappers that charges you a ridiculous amount per minute. :P

Oregon -8.5 over Houston

NU -14 over Ohio (yeah, they suck that bad)

Georgia -7.5 over Boise State

Hawaii +35 over USC

Texas A&M -1.5 over Clemson

Pitt -3 over ND

Georgia Tech +7.5 over Auburn

Miami(FL) -3 over FSU

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
I'm so glad college football is back! Im pumped and I dont like any of the teams playing tonight. :headbang

as am i

2 games on right now + the sox

fall is heaven for sports fans

Illinois vs Rutgers this morning at 11:00 on ESPN2

I'll be up at 9:30 for college gameday, then over to Memorial Stadium at about 10:30.

The Ron Zook era begins

Should be a tight game, i think the inexperience and youth of this team will ultimately lead to a Rutgers victory, but we'll see. I just want to see some signs of improvement and some solid football under Zook.

It will be interesting to see how Brasic does, considering he's only thrown one pass in college.

IU really just needed 1 good quarter, and they sealed the deal for the win at Central Michigan. Blake Powers, the new QB started to come into his own in the game, and the defense was just stellar all night.

Football and basketball star from my hometown James Hardy in his first start for the Hoosiers had 107 yards and a TD at WR. He was a yard short from 2 TDs, and that catch should be a SC top 10 play with the way he brought that one in.

Overall, not a bad way to start the Coach Hep era. :headbang

I work 4 fricking hours today and they are during the Michigan/NIU game. My bad luck never seems to end.

Yes! I just checked the game time and it is at 2:30. Thought for sure it was Noon. I'll probably miss the first quarter, but oh well.

Edited by Brian

Off to memorial for the game.

I'm expecting a good, solid, even game here. Might be the most entertaining one of the season.

If we pull this one out, i'll have faith something might happen this season.

If we don't, i'll be expecting another downer year.

Oh well, at least college football is back, these games are a blast.

:headbang

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Sep 3, 2005 -> 12:41 AM)
Illinois vs Rutgers this morning at 11:00 on ESPN2

I'll be up at 9:30 for college gameday, then over to Memorial Stadium at about 10:30.

The Ron Zook era begins

Should be a tight game, i think the inexperience and youth of this team will ultimately lead to a Rutgers victory, but we'll see. I just want to see some signs of improvement and some solid football under Zook.

It will be interesting to see how Brasic does, considering he's only thrown one pass in college.

I never thought I would be as excited for U of I football as I am this morning.

The Zook era begins...I can't believe it, I actually bought into it.

I'm pumped.

ILL-