Colleges

CubsSuck1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
if facebooks a great timekiller, whats soxtalk?  :P

Another great timekiller. It's nice to be able to talk about the Sox somewhere, because I know absolutely no Sox fans here in Ft. Wayne. That was a great thing about getting down to Bloomington, there were actually a few Sox fans. I haven't been on facebook w/ a regularity in a long time; that might change when I get back on campus.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
Forgot to add, I will be majoring in Media Relations/Journalism/Radio-Tv Announcing so you can all see my face on TV all the time! Aren't you all excited!?!?!?!  ;)  :lol:

WTF. You're 15 years old, supposidly a junior in high school and already know your college major? GMAFB, I'm 18 and just figured out what I was gonna major in 2 months ago and I'm way ahead of most people.

I find it hard to believe first of all that you're going into your senior year as a 15 year old and secondly that you already have your college major figured out.

QUOTE(KJean @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:04 AM)
LOL, my thoughts exactly.

once i started getting offers from this year's freshmen, people i haven't met and who haven't even been on campus yet, i quit facebook.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
once i started getting offers from this year's freshmen, people i haven't met and who haven't even been on campus yet, i quit facebook.

Oh gosh, I haven't had any offers from this year's freshmen, but def. a lot of random people I've never talked to before. I'm a nice person and all, but if I don't know you I'm not gonna be your fake friend on some superficial website.

With that being said, I just don't have the power to quit it.... :unsure:

QUOTE(KJean @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
Oh gosh, I haven't had any offers from this year's freshmen, but def. a lot of random people I've never talked to before. I'm a nice person and all, but if I don't know you I'm not gonna be your fake friend on some superficial website.

With that being said, I just don't have the power to quit it.... :unsure:

stay on soxtalk longer.

soxtalk will fulfill that addiction

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:13 AM)
WTF. You're 15 years old, supposidly a junior in high school and already know your college major? GMAFB, I'm 18 and just figured out what I was gonna major in 2 months ago and I'm way ahead of most people.

I find it hard to believe first of all that you're going into your senior year as a 15 year old and secondly that you already have your college major figured out.

1.) I am turning 16 this month.

2.) I am going to be a junior this year. Never said I already passed my junior year. :bang

3.) I am part of the College Partnership which puts me like 10 steps ahead of everyone already.

4.) Yes. I have my major figured out and I have narrowed down my college choice to 4-6 colleges.

Oh, that was just FYI...

QUOTE(qwerty @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:01 AM)
Um you are not even 16 yet. Are you holding back your knowledge on here and you are a genius in real life and skipped a grade?

I skipped part of 6th grade and I was forced to start Kindergarten early...

QUOTE(danman31 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
CS1- you're going to be a sophomore in high school this year right?

If so, that's way too early to think about college. So many things will change (your goals, grades, test scores, etc). You may think you know what you want know but it can change. Going into my sophomore year I thought I knew what I wanted to go to college for and that has changed since. Also, you have little idea what schools you will be able to get into as you have to make your grades and such. With that said it doesn't hurt anyone to simply think about it.

Junior, so I guess we are going to be starting to look at colleges this year. I know its kinda early but I thought I would try to get somewhat of a head start on the situation. As for grades I should be good to get into most places, except for the really smart ones that I have no interntion of going to anyway. Also, you attend Northwestern, right? How do you like it there? NU and NIU are two local schools that I'm interested in, although I don't know much at all yet.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
Right now i'm in general education (ie: undecided)

But i will be applying to the business college to major in business administration this spring.

My schedule is boring, require classes.  statistics, spanish, calculus, and accounting.

Tip: if your applying and even remotely interested in majoring in business, apply to the business college, it's a b**** to try and transfer (ie: me)

I'm definetly going for business, its just what exactly what portion of business I will end up with as my major. Right now I'm looking at management, but that is a long way away, and things can change a lot. And as Illinois is concerned, I've never really seen myself going there. I don't know, it just doesn't seem like the right fit for me, but that is why I'm trying to get some info from all of you.

Illinois State here. Have 1 more semester left. Graduating in December and afraid that I will have to get a real job :(

Gotta agree with what others here said, the time does fly when you get there. I can't believe im 22 f***ing years old and almost out of college. It seems like I just got there.

I would suggest just visiting campuses, talking to the people there and getting a feel for it. That is the best advice. Go where you feel comfortable and like, not where others like.

QUOTE(CubsSuck1 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:41 AM)
I'm definetly going  for  business, its just what exactly what portion of business I will end up with as my major. Right now I'm looking at management, but that is a long way away, and things can change a lot. And as Illinois is concerned, I've never really seen myself going there. I don't know, it just doesn't seem like the right fit for me, but that is why I'm trying to get some info from all of you.

up until last year i thought i'd be going into computer programming, then i realized i couldn't do that for the rest of my life :lol:

i don't care what you say, if your in high school, you really have no idea what you want to major in. Things change alot as time goes by.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)
up until last year i thought i'd be going into computer programming, then i realized i couldn't do that for the rest of my life :lol:

i don't care what you say, if your in high school, you really have no idea what you want to major in.  Things change alot as time goes by.

True, but that is good that I can have an idea now, and if that changes, I can switch and no big deal.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
stay on soxtalk longer.

soxtalk will fulfill that addiction

LOL, good to know! :)

I'm scared...I'll be moving back up to school in a few weeks with a cable internet connection....

QUOTE(56789 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 11:48 PM)
Hey SNB, do you know the requirements be a general student at U of I, im goin into senior year with a 3.5 gpa a 24 on my ACT and am about in the 30% of my class.

My cumulative gpa for high school so far is about 4.15, IIRC, (4.3 last semester) and I'm in the 92nd percentile. Taking somewhat of a tougher schedule this year, so I should maintain a 4.3 if all goes well and raise the cum. gpa and the percentile.

QUOTE(56789 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
Hey SNB, do you know the requirements be a general student at U of I, im goin into senior year with a 3.5 gpa a 24 on my ACT and am about in the 30% of my class.

that'd be pretty borderline. The gpa is good, but the ACT is a little low, apply and see what happens.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
I dunno. Anyone who's seen my picture wouldn't believe I'm going into college....

Although I am holding a massive gun.....ha

I'm being 100% honest here. If the picture (taken in January) sways opinions, whatever.