What Classes are You Taking?

dasox24

I'm pretty sure someone started a thread like this last year, so I though we'd do it again while we're on the topic of colleges and going back to school. Whether you're in high school or college, just post classes your taking and any thoughts you like to share on them.

As for me, I'm taking:

AP Biology

AP English

Physics

Honors Spanish IV

Pre-Cal

Religion (I go to a private school)

I'm taking a study hall also for a period each semester, so I've got to take an online course to fill my last elective to graduate. Has anyone here taken any online course like that that'd they'd recommend. It has to be an "arts" class, like Music History, Guitar 101, Drawing, etc. Something along those lines, and I've already taken Art History.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Advanced Algebra-Trig (honors)

Journalism (AP)

Physics (Honors)

European History (AP)

British Lit (AP)

Music (Honors)

Art (Honors)

I have to take Music and Art because I didn't do them my 1st 2 years. I need a year of each to graduate....blah. I do like Art though because we have no HW and draw all the time, I am a good artist. I am super exicted about my Jounralism class though!

There's a 4 year ag science cirriculum no one takes.

There is a community college satelitte center on campus, though, so there's about 10 college credit courses we can take.

oelwein.gif

LOL

Don't bash though, I made the dean's list. :P

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
Advanced Algebra-Trig (honors)

Journalism (AP)

Physics (Honors)

European History (AP)

British Lit (AP)

Music (Honors)

Art (Honors)

That's a hell of a schedule. You're gonna have no free time, whatsoever. The only good thing is that it will keep you focused rather than, i.e., putting off your homework to play video games, and then never getting it done. If you're taking all of those, your probably pretty damn smart, and know what your getting into. Good luck.

Jason and I offer this, and trust me it does help....

If you find yourself procrastinating and you know you have a big paper coming up, just tell us and we'll suspend you for however long from the site to keep you from blowing time on here. We'll make sure to allow ya back, but it comes in handy if you can't pull yourself away.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
That's a hell of a schedule.  You're gonna have no free time, whatsoever. The only good thing is that it will keep you focused rather than, i.e., putting off your homework to play video games, and then never getting it done.  If you're taking all of those, your probably pretty damn smart, and know what your getting into.  Good luck.

I agree. I know it will be tough but I like a good challenge. Thanks for the compliments. The reason for talking such a tough schedule is because the colleges I plan on visiting or attending all said that they give an edge to people who take harder classes so if your grades are a bit lower than usual, they understand that you took some crazy ass classes but still worked very hard. The admissions guy at GVSU told me that I should take any courses available that could be a precursor to my major and that he would take it into consideration when I send in my application. Some for the lasy at Rutgers. I am very happy I joined the College Partnership. It helped me get a step ahead and helped contact these colleges that were already interested in me. I have 3 shoeboxes full of letters from colleges....and I wear a size 13 shoe. :D

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
Jason and I offer this, and trust me it does help....

If you find yourself procrastinating and you know you have a big paper coming up, just tell us and we'll suspend you for however long from the site to keep you from blowing time on here. We'll make sure to allow ya back, but it comes in handy if you can't pull yourself away.

Ya, I remember you telling me about that so I went with it and it made a lot of sense. Worked great. We know I love procrastinating, but even than I got straight A's this past semester...WOOT.

Thats right, barely got a 3.0 in high school too...those were the days I was a true slacker.

Off the top of my head:

CLLC-Q 199 Collins Seminar (1)

GER-G 305 Introduction to German Literary Themes (3)

HPSC-X 100 Science and History of the Occult (3)

ECON-E 201 Introduction to Microeconomics (3)

ENG-W 270 Argumentative Writing (3)

INTL-I 206 Nations, States and Boundaries (3)

Fairly easy schedule, next semester I'll be taking the maximum amount of credit hours, which should be a blast.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
Intro to Meterology

Intro to Journalism and Communications History

Freshmen Honors Seminar

Academic Learning

Intro to Human Body

First Aid

Library (req.)

Geebus Heads that looks like a freaking high school semester. 7 classes?!

Since I have a semester's worth of AP credit I'm taking a light load and only taking 12 hours my first semester.

Stats 1200 (which will be dropped for something when classes open up again)

Psychology 1000

American Government (Poli Sci) 1100

English 1000

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
I have 3 shoeboxes full of letters from colleges....and I wear a size 13 shoe. :D

Be prepared for more. Boy, colleges sure love those form letters. What else could possibly be an explanation when I get a letter asking me about my interest in the basketball and tennis programs at Iowa Conference schools?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
Ya, I remember you telling me about that so I went with it and it made a lot of sense.  Worked great.  We know I love procrastinating, but even than I got straight A's this past semester...WOOT.

Thats right, barely got a 3.0 in high school too...those were the days I was a true slacker.

It was like the same night wasn't it? I think I was writing my paper on the fall of the USSR.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
Geebus Heads that looks like a freaking high school semester. 7 classes?!

Since I have a semester's worth of AP credit I'm taking a light load and only taking 12 hours my first semester.

Stats 1200 (which will be dropped for something when classes open up again)

Psychology 1000

American Government (Poli Sci) 1100

English 1000

It's only 13.5 credit hours. I've got a semester done already through AP classes and college credit classes here. They recommend 12-15 for the incoming freshman.

Of course, Fridays my first class is 1 PM. Done at 3 :)

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
It's only 13.5 credit hours. I've got a semester done already through AP classes and college credit classes here. They recommend 12-15 for the incoming freshman.

Of course, Fridays my first class is 1 PM. Done at 3 :)

b**** please. All my classes start at noon or later. I only have 50 minutes of school on Wednesday's and Friday's. We've been over this. My schedule is insanely easy.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
b**** please. All my classes start at noon or later. I only have 50 minutes of school on Wednesday's and Friday's. We've been over this. My schedule is insanely easy.

We're gonna have to duke it out on October 15. f*** my parent's 28th anniversary. It's on. :bringit

QUOTE(danman31 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)

:o

BTW, Heads, yes, once I start filling out applocations, sending essays, asking for visits and info, no doubt in my mind my desk will be piled up with letters.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
:o

BTW, Heads, yes, once I start filling out applocations, sending essays, asking for visits and info, no doubt in my mind my desk will be piled up with letters.

You actually keep those? I kept them for a while when I was a Sophomore, but it gets annoying when 10-20 pile up on your desk every single day.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
You actually keep those?  I kept them for a while when I was a Sophomore, but it gets annoying when 10-20 pile up on your desk every single day.

I have organized them. I have 1 shoe box with my academic records (report cards, test scores, etc.), and 3 shoe boxes full of letters. So far I have received letters from Akron, SCSU, GVSU, Rutgers, Loyola, UIC, Illinois, UChicago, Minnesota, and a few other schools. 1 shoe box has letters about college tips (the important 1's go on my bulletin board on my wall), 1 has letters about applications and school info. The 3rd box has miscellaneous stuff from all colleges. The coolest thing was when GVSU sent me a $80 book about their school including ALL information about ALL majors, courses, etc. Really cool. Right now, that is my #1 choice.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
I have organized them. I have 1 shoe box with my academic records (report cards, test scores, etc.), and 3 shoe boxes full of letters. So far I have received letters from Akron, SCSU, GVSU, Rutgers, Loyola, UIC, Illinois, UChicago, Minnesota, and a few other schools. 1 shoe box has letters about college tips (the important 1's go on my bulletin board on my wall), 1 has letters about applications and school info. The 3rd box has miscellaneous stuff from all colleges. The coolest thing was when GVSU sent me a $80 book about their school including ALL information about ALL majors, courses, etc. Really cool. Right now, that is my #1 choice.

So you have been getting letters since you were 14? You are not thatsmart... i still doubt you are gonna be a 16 year old junior... very young one at that.