What Classes are You Taking?

dasox24

QUOTE(qwerty @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
So you have been getting letters since you were 14? You are not thatsmart... i still doubt you are gonna be a 16 year old junior... very young one at that.

Yes, because at 14, I was a freshman and that was when I joined the College Partnership. My birthday is always 1 week before school starts (Aug 27th). Do the math:

14 - Freshman

15- Sophomore

16- Junior

17 - Senior

That means I'll be an 18 yr old freshman in College. Still don't beleive me, oh well.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:32 PM)
Off the top of my head:

CLLC-Q 199 Collins Seminar (1)

GER-G 305 Introduction to German Literary Themes (3)

HPSC-X 100 Science and History of the Occult (3)

ECON-E 201 Introduction to Microeconomics (3)

ENG-W 270 Argumentative Writing (3)

INTL-I 206 Nations, States and Boundaries (3)

Fairly easy schedule, next semester I'll be taking the maximum amount of credit hours, which should be a blast.

When and where are you taking Econ?

BUS-A 201---FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING

BUS-L 201---LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS

CMCL-C 121---PUBLIC SPEAKING

ECON-E 201---MICROECONOMICS

HPER-P 212---INTRO TO EXERCISE SCIENCE :lol:

I turned 18 in June before my freshman year.

::shrugs::

It means you have a late birthday.

What I dont get is how your contemplating U of Chicago at the same time as those other schools. Generally if you are UC material you are looking at ivy league or full ride scholarship to Big 10.

SB

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
:o

BTW, Heads, yes, once I start filling out applocations, sending essays, asking for visits and info, no doubt in my mind my desk will be piled up with letters.

It happens before that. Like I said, I only applied to ISU but I got mail from everywhere. California Culinary Institiute, Hamline College, Yale, Tulane, Iowa....It's all over the map

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
I have organized them. I have 1 shoe box with my academic records (report cards, test scores, etc.), and 3 shoe boxes full of letters. So far I have received letters from Akron, SCSU, GVSU, Rutgers, Loyola, UIC, Illinois, UChicago, Minnesota, and a few other schools. 1 shoe box has letters about college tips (the important 1's go on my bulletin board on my wall), 1 has letters about applications and school info. The 3rd box has miscellaneous stuff from all colleges. The coolest thing was when GVSU sent me a $80 book about their school including ALL information about ALL majors, courses, etc. Really cool. Right now, that is my #1 choice.

You may not believe us, but it's kinda cool when it first starts but it gets annoying as hell. Keep stuff from maybe your top five uni's and throw the others out.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
My classes, sophmore in highschool

Spainish 2

Economics

health

geometry

english

honors bio

Does your school offer Drivers Ed courses??? My sophomore year I took

Chemistry (H)

Network Design

Spanish 2 (H)

Health 1 Sem/Drivers Ed 1 Sem

American Lit (H)

Geometry (H)

US History (H)

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
I turned 18 in June before my freshman year.

::shrugs::

It means you have a late birthday.

What I dont get is how your contemplating U of Chicago at the same time as those other schools. Generally if you are UC material you are looking at ivy league or full ride scholarship to Big 10.

SB

I'm not contemplating UChi just yet. They sent me some letters about a college visit and information on a major in engineering or something. It had nothing to do with my major or anything...

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
It happens before that. Like I said, I only applied to ISU but I got mail from everywhere. California Culinary Institiute, Hamline College, Yale, Tulane, Iowa....It's all over the map

You may not believe us, but it's kinda cool when it first starts but it gets annoying as hell. Keep stuff from maybe your top five uni's and throw the others out.

I frequent the box with the tips and stuff. Most colleges send me a lot of cool info about how to write an awesome entrance essay or "Top 5 tips to choosing the right school for you" and other stuff like that. Definitely keep-worthy IMO.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
Yes, because at 14, I was a freshman and that was when I joined the College Partnership. My birthday is always 1 week before school starts (Aug 27th). Do the math:

14 - Freshman

15- Sophomore

16- Junior

17 - Senior

That means I'll be an 18 yr old freshman in College. Still don't beleive me, oh well.

Mine's not until October 21. I was a 16-year-old senior in HS.

It helped that I started kindergarten before I turned 5. :)

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
Mine's not until October 21. I was a 16-year-old senior in HS.

It helped that I started kindergarten before I turned 5.  :)

Wow. 16 year old senior? Did you skip any grades or did you just start way early?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
I frequent the box with the tips and stuff. Most colleges send me a lot of cool info about how to write an awesome entrance essay or "Top 5 tips to choosing the right school for you" and other stuff like that. Definitely keep-worthy IMO.

Top 5 stuff like

"Choose a beautiful campus! Oh, by the way, did you know that the Iowa State campus was rated one of the most beautiful in America?

I'm glad I'm done with that s***.

Birthdays f***ed up a lot of people in some ways. Some are like 17 year old sophomore and some ar 14 year old sophomores. Pretty messed up. My bday messed me up in Little League baseball because I was too young to advance to the next league even if I was way better than others. But I look forward to the search for college and what not. It is very exciting talking to these colleges and deciding what you want to do in your future and in life...

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)
Wow. 16 year old senior? Did you skip any grades or did you just start way early?

The deadline to start school was like September 1 or something like that. You were supposed to be 5 yrs old by that day. Since my b-day was in October, I was supposed to wait until the following year to start.

Somehow my parents got me in a month and a half before I turned 5.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
Top 5 stuff like

"Choose a beautiful campus! Oh, by the way, did you know that the Iowa State campus was rated one of the most beautiful in America?

I'm glad I'm done with that s***.

Nah, most of these tips have no promo's about their own school. Only UMinn did...

Soxbadger, I assume you go to U of Wisconsin? How do you like it there? I'm looking at there and Marquette right now...

I'm taking, this year:

AP European History

AP English (Lots of book reading -- ugh)

Pre-Calc/Trig

Economics

Socialogy/Phsychology (sp sp)

Junior/Senior PE

I'm looking forward to AP Euro. I (for the most part) enjoyed taking AP American History my junior year, so I'm hoping Euro is even better.

Wisconsin is the best imo (I graduated from there).

For me it was really down to Illinois, Michigan, and Wisconsin. I really did not like Illinois for a variety of reasons, and it was mostly my parents wanting me to go there because the price tag is cheaper.

I never considered Marquette, and just know what people at Wisconsin who were from Milwaukee said about it, which I doubt means much as they are not going to say something good about a school that they chose not to go too.

The reality is, most colleges are fun and you will have a good time. If money is no object then just go with the one you like the best. I did not want to go to a small school, or a school that did not have a quality football program, etc. Even though they should come secondary to education, they were what was important to me.

I also liked the Wisconsin campus, and the lifestyle etc.

And Ap Euro is senior year now, it was sophmore year when I took it back in the day.

SB

QUOTE(danman31 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
b**** please. All my classes start at noon or later. I only have 50 minutes of school on Wednesday's and Friday's. We've been over this. My schedule is insanely easy.

Then take more classes. I tested out of 14 credits worth of one of my majors and I still took 16 or 17 credit hours my first semester. By doing this I'll be halfway done with all my classes and electives after this upcoming semester. This enables me to take 12-15 credit hours in Germany....which means more time for me in the beer halls.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
When and where are you taking Econ?

BUS-A 201---FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING

BUS-L 201---LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS

CMCL-C 121---PUBLIC SPEAKING

ECON-E 201---MICROECONOMICS

HPER-P 212---INTRO TO EXERCISE SCIENCE  :lol:

MW 8 AM in Wylie 005, I believe.