Everett to not play today

CYGarland

I just read on Rotoworld that Carl said yesterday that he wouldn't be available to play today. He also said " I wouldn't give it a date, basically I'm just going to let it do what it does, and when it's ready I'll be in there. I'm just listening to my body. If my body says i can go, I'll go. I just have a certain way i play, and I don't want to affect that. "..........I don't like the way that sounds, we need to bring up Gload to take his place, I don't want to see Timo or Blum in there. This offense is struggling right now and we need more punch in the middle of the lineup. I would go w/ this lineup till he comes back..........Pods, Iguchi, Rowand, PK, AJ, Dye, Gload, Crede, Uribe..............

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
I have a feeling Everett won't be ready till Friday when we play Boston,  which means 2 more days of Timo, and most likely 2 more losses...... :puke

So now Timo playing means a guranteed loss? :headshake

Yeah, him going 2 for 4 really killed us yesterday...

I'll never understand the Timo hatred and Gload fascination on this board. It just keeps reaching ridiculous proportions...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:55 PM)
So now Timo playing means a guranteed loss?    :headshake

Yeah, him going 2 for 4 really killed us yesterday...

I'll never understand the Timo hatred and Gload fascination on this board.  It just keeps reaching ridiculous proportions...

TIMO SHOULD NEVER HIT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LINEUP AGAIN!!!!!! If Ozzie wants him to bat 8th or 9th fine, but 5th?? Now that's RIDICULOUS.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:00 PM)
Everyone's hitting homers off of Prior recently.  But let's not start making fun of the Cubs, lest we get a stern talkling-to from someone ( :ph34r: ) around here.

Oh but he does have 8k's in 6 innings :rolly

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
TIMO SHOULD NEVER HIT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LINEUP AGAIN!!!!!! If Ozzie wants him to bat 8th or 9th fine, but 5th?? Now that's RIDICULOUS.

You didn't really make a point there. He said he went 2-for-4 and was blamed for the loss and because he will be playing a loss is expected.

some of you guys really need to stop being, what's the word ... dumb. Whether Perez bats 5th, 9th or on the bench, this offense is struggling, with Perez being the least of their problems.

QUOTE(Molto @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
You didn't really make a point there. He said he went 2-for-4 and was blamed for the loss and because he will be playing a loss is expected.

some of you guys really need to stop being, what's the word ... dumb. Whether Perez bats 5th, 9th or on the bench, this offense is struggling, with Perez being the least of their problems.

Timo was the least of their problems last night. His .21something average is certainly not the least of their problems for the entire season.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)

So the guy fills in for an injured player ang gets a single and a double and this is bad why? :huh :huh

QUOTE(Molto @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)

Timo provides no protection for Konerko...like a Dye or AJ does...Timo should bat toward the bottom...its pretty simple stuff. I'm not complaining about Timo, but he can't bat fifth.

QUOTE(Molto @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)

Perez can't hit for avg, power, obp, and is HORRIBLE protection for PK, or anyone else for that matter. If this isn't blatantly obvious i don't know what is. :stick

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
Perez can't hit for avg, power, obp, and is HORRIBLE protection for PK, or anyone else for that matter. If this isn't blatantly obvious i don't know what is.  :stick

I understand that, but many here are making it seem as though Perez in the lineup anywhere is an automatic loss. He batted 5th yesterday and went 2-for-4, which is better than pretty much anyone else in the lineup at this point.

Should he batting 5th? No, but nobody else is doing much right now and he was one of the fewproducers in yesterday's game so it is not a terrible move.

For the record, I don't care much for Perez either and I want Everett in the lineup, but he's looked a lot better on offense over the past few weeks than a few guys in the lineup.

Why is anyone surprised? This is what Ozzie does. He'd pull Cotts for Adkins if it meant getting a righty-righty matchup. He is crazy for them in all aspects of the game. That's why the lefties were pushed up against Mussina. I think the only thing keeping Timo from batting cleanup is that Ozzie saw an opportunity to make the first six batters L, R, L, R, L, R.

QUOTE(Molto @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
I understand that, but many here are making it seem as though Perez in the lineup anywhere is an automatic loss. He batted 5th yesterday and went 2-for-4, which is better than pretty much anyone else in the lineup at this point.

Should he batting 5th? No, but nobody else is doing much right now and he was one of the fewproducers in yesterday's game so it is not a terrible move.

For the record, I don't care much for Perez either and I want Everett in the lineup, but he's looked a lot better on offense over the past few weeks than a few guys in the lineup.

I just don't want to see Timo starting, period. We already need another big bat in the lineup even w/ Everett in there. Now Gload might not be as good as he appeared last year, but he is definitely more of a threat than Timo. And if Everett is going to be out for an extended period, than Gload is are best option.................I guess what ticks me off more than anything is that we are the best team in baseball, playing the Yankees, in Yankee Stadium, and Timo is batting 5th. These are the games i get pumped up for, and that's the best we can do?? I'm sorry

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
I just don't want to see Timo starting, period. We already need another big bat in the lineup even w/ Everett in there. Now Gload might not be as good as he appeared last year, but he is definitely more of a threat than Timo. And if Everett is going to be out for an extended period, than Gload is are best option.................I guess what ticks me off more than anything is that we are the best team in baseball, playing the Yankees, in Yankee Stadium, and Timo is batting 5th. These are the games i get pumped up for, and that's the best we can do?? I'm sorry

Look at Timo's career numbers against the Yanks. I suggest you then retract your statement. Playing Timo was/is smart against them. Maybe not in the 5 hole, but Timo is useful. You're hating on Timo just to hate on him.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)
Look at Timo's career numbers against the Yanks. I suggest you then retract your statement. Playing Timo was/is smart against them. Maybe not in the 5 hole, but Timo is useful. You're hating on Timo just to hate on him.

Career #'s vs who?? The Yanks pitching staff is way different than it was last year..........I have nothing against Timo personally, but IF Ozzie is going to play him, which he obviously is, then he needs to bat no higher than 8th, PERIOD!!