Anyone following this story?

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 09:58 AM)
It certainly is strange.  I always hope the spouse/parent/etc. is on the level whhen one of these tragedies is reported, and they almost always end up being the culprits.  But I'll reserve judgement until the coroner's report comes out.

They have been following this guy around like a hawk and from what they reported on the news this morning they have the times of the last tranmissions from the walkee talkiees that they were using and so far things jive.

I hope there is no foul play.

There was tons of media in Plainfield this morning on Route 30.

:pray for the family.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
I should add that I saw the husband on the afternoon news yesterday and had ZERO grief on his face and voice. :huh Just an observation.

Like you say, we'll wait and see.

This morning they showed him and his in-laws bawling. :huh It was quite sad.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
Its extremely fishy, why did they lose transmission, why did he pull so far ahead of his pregnant wife?

Who said they lost transmission? And who said he pulled ahead of her?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
Its extremely fishy, why did they lose transmission, why did he pull so far ahead of his pregnant wife?

I think he just said she didn't reply.

I wonder when he contacted the police. I mean he had to know roughly where he lost her, did he drive back right away and look?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
I think he just said she didn't reply.

I wonder when he contacted the police. I mean he had to know roughly where he lost her, did he drive back right away and look?

Supposedly 11 minutes after their last conversation. And supposedly there is a witness confirming he made an illegal u-turn on the highway. None of this reported by the police - but they have yet to make a statement other than they found her and are investigating, so like you said... who knows.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:40 AM)
Supposedly 11 minutes after their last conversation. And supposedly there is a witness confirming he made an illegal u-turn on the highway. None of this reported by the police - but they have yet to make a statement other than they found her and are investigating, so like you said... who knows.

Well, that sounds like was doing all the right things. He must feel like s***.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:42 AM)
Well, that sounds like was doing all the right things. He must feel like s***.

Ever since that father of the little girl in Wilmington (not sure on the location) was arrested for murdering his daughter and later released because of DNA evidence clearing him I am so reluctant to even have an opinion. That poor guy and his family were tore apart and lives ruined.

Have you heard the means of her demise yet...? From what I've heard they haven't even given a cause of death. Maybe she just had a heart attack and ran off the road..?? :huh

this story was prominent on front page of the pantagraph (bloomington paper) this morning and gives a few more details than above story...

Family: Woman died along I-55

Police won't confirm ID of person in car

By Karen Walters

pontiac@pantagraph.com

ODELL -- Thirty-five people gathered Tuesday night to pray for Jocelyn Janssen.

The meeting at Aaron Damkoehler's Twin City house had been planned to pray for the Bloomington woman's safe return. Instead, those gathered prayed for her soul.

Family and friends believe the newly pregnant Janssen, 29, died sometime after her car went through an interstate median around dawn Monday.

Tire tracks visible Tuesday show the car crossed two traffic lanes, ran over a fence and pushed through 100 feet of corn near Odell.

Authorities conceded a body was inside the vehicle when it was found Tuesday afternoon, but would not say whether the person was Janssen.

State police are leaving that announcement -- and accident details -- to Livingston County Coroner Mike Burke, who directed all questions back to state police.

The blue SUV was found shortly before state police planned a press conference to discuss Janssen's status as a missing person.

Friends said Jocelyn and her husband, Jeff, were in separate cars Monday morning, driving north on Interstate 55 headed toward Plainfield. They planned to leave one of their two cars at her parents' house and drive the other to O'Hare to catch a flight to Texas. The second car would be picked up by friends returning from a mission trip to China.

Somewhere near Chenoa or Pontiac, Jeff lost contact with Jocelyn.

By Tuesday afternoon, friends and family were sending e-mails to acquaintances, sharing fliers seeking information and using a private plane to search from the air. Police scheduled a press conference, but postponed it after the SUV was found.

Along a stretch of Interstate 55 near St. Paul's Cemetery in Odell, several officers watched late Tuesday afternoon as other officers and highway workers used mapping equipment to help reconstruct what happened.

The corn plants are nearly 6 feet high where the SUV was found near the intersection of Livingston County roads 2700 North and 2100 East.

'Beautiful inside and out'

Janssen had sung for about a year with the vocal teams and choir at Eastview Christian Church. She and her husband were "very selfless people," said Matt Ludwig, the church's director of worship and music. "They were very involved in the church; always eager to help out."

Janssen was a solo-quality singer who was gifted not only in singing but also in writing songs, Ludwig said. During a recent post-practice prayer, she told fellow choir members that she and her husband were expecting a child. "She was excited about telling everybody," Ludwig said.

"She was beautiful inside and out, she really was," Ludwig said. "She always had a smile on her face. She was eager to do ministry and to do things for others."

She also had a fun side, said Damkoehler, a friend of the couple. When they had dinner a couple of weeks ago, Jocelyn joked about what she and Jeff would look for in a new town if they had to move.

The answer? He wanted a Taco Bell. She wanted Papa John's.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
Ever since that father of the little girl in Wilmington (not sure on the location) was arrested for murdering his daughter and later released because of DNA evidence clearing him I am so reluctant to even have an opinion. That poor guy and his family were tore apart and lives ruined.

Have you heard the means of her demise yet...? From what I've heard they haven't even given a cause of death. Maybe she just had a heart attack and ran off the road..??  :huh

That's all I can think of, or brain aneuyrysm or a miscarriage and hemorhaging (

Tragic.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:14 AM)
That's all I can think of, or brain aneuyrysm or a miscarriage and hemorhaging (

Tragic.

Would definitely have to be something sudden. I didn't realize she went across the opposing lanes of traffic. Thank God no one else was hurt.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:30 AM)
Who said they lost transmission? And who said he pulled ahead of her?

The article: She was following him, she didnt respond so he waited. If he waited, he obviously was ahead of her, and couldnt see her in his rearview, hence he pulled ahead. I have been on many road trips with Radios and this is a common occurence.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)
Would definitely have to be something sudden. I didn't realize she went across the opposing lanes of traffic. Thank God no one else was hurt.

Still it seems kinda wierd that she didn't say ANYTHING into the radio to her husband for help. I don't wanna blame the guy, but wouldn't you:

a. be on a cell phone with her the entire time? Even just to kill the boredom of the drive.

b. Have her driving in front of you, you can give her directions via radio.

c. And would you even for 1 second let her car out of your rear view mirror?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
Still it seems kinda wierd that she didn't say ANYTHING into the radio to her husband for help.  I don't wanna blame the guy, but wouldn't you:

a.  be on a cell phone with her the entire time? Even just to kill the boredom of the drive.

b.  Have her driving in front of you, you can give her directions via radio.

As far as C goes, even with a non-pregnant significant other, you always worry with a woman behind the wheel :D and would keep her in your sight. In HER case, it seems weird he didnt.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
Still it seems kinda wierd that she didn't say ANYTHING into the radio to her husband for help.  I don't wanna blame the guy, but wouldn't you:

a.  be on a cell phone with her the entire time?   Even just to kill the boredom of the drive.

c.   And would you even for 1 second let her car out of your rear view mirror?

A. No. Hate it, and it's dangerous.

B. No. As a matter of fact I always say "go on I'll follow you"

C. Yes, because it happens (people cut in between, I slow down, etc..) and if there was an issue I would just radio him.

Jim and I drive this way all the time. Nothing bad ever happens, and unless something does, these questions would never come up. Catch 22.

Which makes me think something sudden happened. If it was an aneuyrysm or heart attack she may not have had an oppurtunity to act. :huh

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)
A. No. Hate it, and it's dangerous.

B. No. As a matter of fact I always say "go on I'll follow you"

C. Yes, because it happens (people cut in between, I slow down, etc..) and if there was an issue I would just radio him.

Jim and I drive this way all the time. Nothing bad ever happens, and unless something does, these questions would never come up. Catch 22.

Which makes me think something sudden happened. If it was an aneuyrysm or heart attack she may not have had an oppurtunity to act.  :huh

Yeah, but her being pregnant would make me take precautions that I normally might not. That's just me. :huh

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)

a.  be on a cell phone with her the entire time? Even just to kill the boredom of the drive.

They were driving to her parents' house, so obviously they both knew where they were going. If you both know where you're going, there's no reason to even follow each other. We'd just say, "See you there." We'd have cell phones in case one of us broke down, but I give them credit for being as careful as they were using the walkie-talkies.

I'm no woman, so maybe one can help out here. Would a sudden trauma caused by the lap belt possibly cause problems for a pregnant woman? A seat belt can cause some massive bruising in an accident and I wonder if the sudden force caused by the lap belt may have led to internal problems due to her pregnancy. Again, I'm just spitballing here.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
Yeah, but her being pregnant would make me take precautions that I normally might not.   That's just me.   :huh

She was "newly" pregnant.. conflicting stories say a few weeks to 3 months. Not that it makes any difference. I wish they would hurry up and at least advise of what she passed from.