HELL YEAH

nitetrain8601

Who knew we would score a total of 6 runs and come out with two wins!!!

And we beat Rivera, too!!

Sox hitting :fight

Sox pitching :notworthy

Good thing I'm young and my heart and blood pressure can handle this!!!

On to Beantown

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent post from a yankees fan about the game:

don't. The ChiSox have by far the best pitching staff in the AL. If you're going to beat Chicago, you have to beat them at their game. You need to have great starting pitching. We did that. But you also need to play smart, hardnosed baseball on the basepaths. We didn't do that. And you need to play airtight defense. We didn't do that, either. Defense is what cost us this series. Chicago plays the kinda defense that turns hits into outs. And we play the kinda defense that turns outs into hits.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
excellent post from a yankees fan about the game:

don't. The ChiSox have by far the best pitching staff in the AL. If you're going to beat Chicago, you have to beat them at their game. You need to have great starting pitching. We did that. But you also need to play smart, hardnosed baseball on the basepaths. We didn't do that. And you need to play airtight defense. We didn't do that, either. Defense is what cost us this series. Chicago plays the kinda defense that turns hits into outs. And we play the kinda defense that turns outs into hits.

Where'd you get that from? I mean messageboard that is. And don't worry, I won't troll, but I just want to read opinions of those in the outside world.

QUOTE(bmags @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
how come i had to watch espn news for updates for 2 hours...was this on? why am i not of acceptable intelligence to find a basebal game on.

It was on ESPN ... at least, it was here in Kentucky.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
It was on ESPN ... at least, it was here in Kentucky.

espn was showing espn news...so i checked comcast, wgn and the u... no dice...plus i have no radio at home...

but who cares

the white sox took 2 outta 3 from those beautiful pinstripes...and left torre to get apparantly lambasted by da boss

I like the respect given unlike Red Sux fans. I think I'll turn into a partial Yankee fan.

White Sox deserved to win: much better D, much better pitching, smarter playing, and play aggressive small ball rather than trying to hit dingers. They've made believers out of me. They are a tight, tight, competent team. We have too much dead wood, too many sure outs, too few clutch hitters, and a weak bench.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
54,365... I wish our park was that big.

Our Park was that big...then they tore it down and built a new one across the street where the closest seat in the upper deck was as far away as the furthest seat in the old park's upper deck.

[Turns out, having a park that big makes it harder to draw fans to the game, not easier. Ask the Red Sox and Cubs about ticket scarcity and how it helps sell tickets]

The Sox flat-out outplayed the Yankees in all three games. The Sox just didn't get much clutch hitting in any of the games, and the A-Rod home run in the first inning against El Duque was unfortunately enough for the first game.

You have to be impressed with the pitching performance.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
Our Park was that big...then they tore it down and built a new one across the street where the closest seat in the upper deck was as far away as the furthest seat in the old park's upper deck.

[Turns out, having a park that big makes it harder to draw fans to the game, not easier.  Ask the Red Sox and Cubs about ticket scarcity and how it helps sell tickets]

Waa, waa, waa... :crying :crying :crying

:headshake

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
The Sox flat-out outplayed the Yankees in all three games.  The Sox just didn't get much clutch hitting in any of the games, and the A-Rod home run in the first inning against El Duque was unfortunately enough for the first game.

You have to be impressed with the pitching performance.

It's something that all you pessimists should look at. This team is BUILT for playoff baseball, that's why we continue to win despite the "offensive struggles".

They are winning the tight games, and since they've been doing it all year, they will be BETTER come October at it, because it's how they got the best record in baseball all year.

Think about it.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
Um, I don't think BB was b****ing, Steff.

"Our Park was that big...then they tore it down and built a new one across the street where the closest seat in the upper deck was as far away as the furthest seat in the old park's upper deck."

I do.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)
Is there anything else you want to complain about?  You know, this is a 'White Sox Winner' thread not a 'Im gonna complain about our attendance.... again' thread.

Show me where the hell I was complaining :dips***.

And complaining about attendance...? Me...? GMAFB... :headshake