TO to Cardinals, Tampa, or Oakland

QUOTE(Benson&Rexage @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
Proably tired of TO but here are three possible trades

1) To Arizona for Bolding

2) To Tampa for Clayton

3) To Oakland for Jerry Porter

here's what I think

To Bears for Eddie Berlin

I admit, TO is talented; but, the Bears probably don't have cap space and will NOT re-negotiate TO's contract.

Plus, who needs the headache?

The Cardinals have Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin who they have already tied alot of money into.

Tampa loves Clayton, and they are still climbing out of salary-cap hell, which is the same problem for Oakland.

The only team i have heard TO remotely connected to is Minnesota, and even that is a longshot because of Culpeppers deal and the ownership situation.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
There is no chance that Minnesota gets Owens. They just got rid of one headache in Moss

ESPN mentioned it yesterday, thats why I said "remotely connected"

TO is Philly's headache now. They should have let his b**** ass rot in Baltimore, catching no passes from Boller.

QUOTE(Benson&Rexage @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
Proably tired of TO but here are three possible trades

1) To Arizona for Bolding

2) To Tampa for Clayton

3) To Oakland for Jerry Porter

here's what I think

To Bears for Eddie Berlin

I suppose you mean Anquan Boldin? That would be a s*** trade for the Cards, seeing how Boldin is more valuable than T.O. based on age, playing ability, cost and attitude.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
Cardinals are the only team that I see that could offer WR's for him. Probably Boldin or Jenkins.

Im fairly sure Martay jenkins is no longer a part of the Cardinals organization. In fact, i think the bears took a flyer on him last year and ended up cutting him.

Anyways, Boldin has the same body and hands as TO, he is just a younger and cheaper(relatively, Drew Rosenhaus just got his deal re-done) version of TO. I think the Cardinals are going to find out what they have with this WR tandem before they start making moves.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
Im fairly sure Martay jenkins is no longer a part of the Cardinals organization.  In fact, i think the bears took a flyer on him last year and ended up cutting him.

Anyways, Boldin has the same body and hands as TO, he is just a younger and cheaper(relatively, Drew Rosenhaus just got his deal re-done) version of TO. I think the Cardinals are going to find out what they have with this WR tandem before they start making moves.

Yeah, the Bears took a shot at Jenkins a while back to be a kick-returner but he was cut.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 05:41 PM)
The cardinals would be retarded to trade Boldin for T.O. that would make me very angry.

I agree. Boldin will be a star and his injury was unfortunate last year. One of my favorite WR's...

After today's episodes, almost every franchise will say no to TO now. The only team I could possibly see trading for him are the Raiders (because well they're the Raiders), but IIRC they don't hav much cap room left at all. Plus Jerry Porter's gonna be around for the next decade in all likelihood.

If the Eagles hold out long enough, some team would decide mid-year that they could use a new wideout when they start off on a hot streak. Look what happened with Keenan McCardell and the Bucs/Chargers last year.

Brees came out of no where and became a good QB, and suddenly the chargers were a great team without great weapons at wideout. They grabbed McCardell from Tampa because of it.

Someone will be a surprise team this year, and 1/3 of the way through the season they'll decide they could use another weapon. And then TO will hold out from their training camp next year.

Is there any chance that someone like Atlanta or Seattle or Denver could grab him? Each of them have had some wierd wideout issues over the last few years.