Angels-A's 8/11 finish

CSF

Jason Kendall on 3rd, Bobby Crosby on 1st, Eric Chavez at the plate with K-Rod pitching. Crosby steals 2nd, the ump calls a ball, K-Rod looks on in disbelief. As Bengie Molina tosses the ball back to K-Rod, the ball deflects off his mitt. Kendall dashes for home, and beats the throw for the A's win.

Unbelievable. :headshake

BTW, it was a 4-4 tie bottom of the 9th.

Edited by ChiSoxFan

I was just about to post a thread on it, but rather just posted in the ATM pinned thread up top.

The A's are in first. That's amazing (no pun intended). They were down 4-0, too, and Payton homered for a solo shot (he's been awesome), and then Chavez had a two out, three run blast.

I can't wait to hear Bill Platschke talk about the A's. "Blah blah blah blah no heart, blah blah blah worse manager, blah blah blah no Steve Finley like 'proven winner'."

I think this is the most amazing line I've ever seen in gameday.

"With Eric Chavez batting, Jason Kendall scores on defensive indifference. Bobby Crosby advances to 2nd on defensive indifference. Missed catch error by pitcher Francisco Rodriguez."

I bet it took them 10 minutes to figure out how to write that.

Edited by Balta1701

Good, i'm rooting for Oakland.

I'd MUCH rather see LA get the Wild Card.....we would definitely beat them IMO....and it would setup a showdown with Boston in the ALCS, who would beat Oakland since they never win in the 1st round anyways.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 06:13 PM)
They're 4 up for a playoff spot, it's not unrealistic at all....

Ahh it's only 4?? I thought it was 6 or 7....ah well, it is just hard to imagine them not making it with the way they have played and the breaks they have gotten the last couple months.

I really don't care what they do, I just don't want to see them in the first round, they scare the hell outta me.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
Ahh it's only 4?? I thought it was 6 or 7....ah well, it is just hard to imagine them not making it with the way they have played and the breaks they have gotten the last couple months.

I really don't care what they do, I just don't want to see them in the first round, they scare the hell outta me.

Cleveland's been playing well also and they have a really easy schedule...and the Yankees probably won't go away either - they're 4 back of the Angels right now I believe. And as far as I can tell, Cleveland is currently 3 back of the Angels after the Halos lost today...pending the outcome of the Cleveland @ KC game tonight.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
But who would you rather face?  Oakland or Anahiem?

Zito/Harden/Haren

or

Colon/Lackey/Bird-Washburn?

You know what? I really don't have a clue.

At least we don't have to face Buehrle/Garland/Garcia.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
Nope.  If this team is as good as we're all hoping it is,  they'll beat whoever is put in front of them.

That's true, but I think everyone here would rather play the Angels over the A's.

You shut down Vlad and Anderson over a series, the Angels don't really have much firepower left in their lineup. And Lackey and Washburn would hardly worry you in a playoff series.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
That's true, but I think everyone here would rather play the Angels over the A's.

You shut down Vlad and Anderson over a series, the Angels don't really have much firepower left in their lineup. And Lackey and Washburn would hardly worry you in a playoff series.

No arguement here. I'd rather play the Angels any day of the week. But i'm not gonna s*** my pants if we have to play Oakland, either.

Last Monday for adult softball I just had a play somewhat like that. I was at 2nd and there was a grounder to 3rd, since there was a runner at 1st, I had to run, he didn't tag me for some reason and then he was mad and threw the ball on the ground, no one was near the ball so I took off and ran home. Haha not completely like it, but it reminded me of it.