Benson's 7th Heaven

Benson&Rexage

Billy :puke Ocean...

As for Hall and Oates, although they both grew vaginas during the 80s sellout megahit days, they certainly started out on the right track (and ended up geting back to their roots eventually).

When they were at their best, only Todd Rundgren rivaled them as far as nailing that white boy Philly Soul sound. Not surprisingly, the Todd-produced Hall and Oates album War Babies was a first rate example if that style.

But giving them props for most of the 80s drek they churned out.... I can't go for that - No can do. :)

I hated them in the 80's. Same for Billy Ocean. I always did mean to get to listening to the Soul stuff they supposedly did. Maybe someday I will finally. "War Babies"...eh?

And am I crazy, or do statements like:

billy ocean also rocks b****es and makes thier panties wet

Make you NOT want to check out a band or performer? :bang

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 07:44 AM)
I hated them in the 80's. Same for Billy Ocean. I always did mean to get to listening to the Soul stuff they supposedly did. Maybe someday I will finally. "War Babies"...eh?

And am I crazy, or do statements like:

Make you NOT want to check out a band or performer? :bang

Yep, War Babies and Whole Oats are the two to give a spin. And they didn't supposedly do soul. They did some of the best blue-eyed Philly Soul of the day on those discs.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 07:14 AM)
...and Whole Oats...

LOL! So, Hall said to Oates:

"Look, nobody is ever going to like you, and you will NEVER make the same amount of money as I do because I am tall and attractive, and you are kind of creepy looking...so how about we name an album after you...kind of..."

QUOTE(Benson&Rexage @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 11:30 PM)
watch out her she comes

she's a man eater

watch out boy she'll tear you up

SHE'S A MAN EATER

billy ocean also rocks b****es and makes thier panties wet

your thoughts on the greatest collection of musical talent to be put on one message borad

Are you my friend Mike from MA?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
My wife LOVES Hall & Oates, and was actually SERIOUSLY considering paying the 55 to 65 bucks to see them at Skyline Stage next Monday.

...that is about 50 to 60 bucks more than they should charge...

Are you SERIOUS? I'm surprised they aren't playing summerfests in the sw suburbs for $5 a pop!

QUOTE(Benson&Rexage @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
Jose Contreas is a stunt double for Billy Ocean in his action videos. Thats why he throws 11111 pitches each innning

Don't really care for the music, but they helped me get plenty of trim during my high school days. :snr

I saw them way back when. They opened for ELO (who I wanted to see). Imagine a 37 minute rendition of Sara Smile and an equally long and annoying Private Thighs or whatever the hell they sang. That song was on 867 times per day and I almost puked.

The concert was up in Milwaukee, the Stones had announced a tour with sky high (for then) prices and no one could sell out a concert hall. The main floor was full and about 5 rows of the sides. The idiot usher wouldn't let us down grade from the crowded main floor to the empty seats.

The worst part was pretending to be really, really, into H&O while trying to make a new friend :rolly

And the ELO opening featured a robot that rolled out onto the stage and got stuck. Ruined that momentum.

Billy Ocean is with out a doubt the greatest singer of his time. I was wondering what some of your favorite billy ocean tracks are.

1) Carrabiean Queen

2) Get out of my dreams

3) Lover boy

It's the return of Billy Ocean- Big Boy of Outkast

I'm cooler than Billy Ocean sippin a milk shake on the North Pole- Big Boy

From another board:

Nations tremble before the might of his beard and hawaiian shirts, women faint at the near site of his mighty frame, corporate giants literally shrink under the glare of his white teeth.

Billy Ocean is the Paul Bunyon of Music industry reform, only unlike Paul, Billy will win, because he is a cyborg. And a ninja. And Don Jonson is a big blue ox. Who knows kung-fu.

Billy Ocean has laser vision and will chop off your head.