Steroid Announcement Friday?

spataro51

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
All the rumors I've heard (from Red Sox fans and in Boston) say that Kapler took the time in Japan to clean out his system.  Every single Boston fan I know, which excludes redandwhite apparently, believed Kapler was on steroids.  Being a "gym rat" is absolutely no defense against steroids.  You have to work out to get the results, and the more you work out, the better the results.

excludes? :stick

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
All the rumors I've heard (from Red Sox fans and in Boston) say that Kapler took the time in Japan to clean out his system.  Every single Boston fan I know, which excludes redandwhite apparently, believed Kapler was on steroids.  Being a "gym rat" is absolutely no defense against steroids.  You have to work out to get the results, and the more you work out, the better the results.

A former Sox player who went to Japan to play for a while told me that this is common practice. I have no idea on Kapler though.

Very interesting. Could Andy Pettite be the old time pitcher and not Roger?

It will be interesting to see what happens thats for sure. For those that aren't familiar with Spataro he used to run a White Sox site way back in the day before SoxNet was ever around.

Good to see ya back around these parts :cheers

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
A former Sox player who went to Japan to play for a while told me that this is common practice. I have no idea on Kapler though.

Sweet, thanks for making my story hold more water :P

And redandwhite, I said exclude because it seems that you're the only Red Sox fan defending Kapler against steroids allegations.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
Sweet, thanks for making my story hold more water :P

And redandwhite, I said exclude because it seems that you're the only Red Sox fan defending Kapler against steroids allegations.

I must have not made myself clear in my original Kapler post.

I think Kapler has used AAS in the past and will continue to do so once his baseball career is over for bodybuilding purposes. I also believe that being how good of a guy he is, he didnt leave Boston for the money, but did infact go to Japan to clean out his system before returning.

This is not to say that using anabolics has helped him any on the field. Bodybuilding does not exactly go hand in hand with swinging a baseball bat.

I just want to add that with proper diet and supplementation, good routinely training, and above average genetics, the body he carries can be built without AAS usage.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
I must have not made myself clear in my original Kapler post. 

I think Kapler has used AAS in the past and will continue to do so once his baseball career is over for bodybuilding purposes.  I also believe that being how good of a guy he is, he didnt leave Boston for the money, but did infact go to Japan to clean out his system before returning. 

This is not to say that using anabolics has helped him any on the field.  Bodybuilding does not exactly go hand in hand with swinging a baseball bat.

I just want to add that with proper diet and supplementation, good routinely training, and above average genetics, the body he carries can be built without AAS usage.

Alright, we're on the same page. Kapler is certainly a beast, though. His forearms are bigger than my thighs. The guy should be able to hit a homer just by flicking his wrists :D

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
I'd consider someone on the MLBPA Board a good source..

I would too, and I'm sure that he would appreciate people spreading private conversations on the Internets.

But do you mean this Board?

http://mlbplayers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/pa/info/faq.jsp#board

" Q: What is the Executive Board?

A: The Executive Board of the Association consists of the two MLBPA Representatives, the two alternate MLBPA Representatives, the Club Player Representatives and the Pension Committee Representatives. The Executive Board meets two times each year, and it is responsible for directing the affairs of the Association. "

Or do you mean a board member of the Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association?

http://www.historicbaseball.com/players/j/..._ferguson2.html

"Jenkins was a Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association board member for several years. He helped raise money for worthy causes and charities by making public appearances and speeches. He made several trips overseas to represent the MLBPAA to the American troops serving there. Attending the annual induction ceremonies and special functions at the Hall of Fame are annual highlights for him. He donates his time to many charity events organized by former teammates."

Not sure how much inside steroid information is given to MLB alumni

What is also amazing is this undercurrent of stories popping up in

the media that the steroids issue has been mis-reported all along. The Bob

Costas show on HBO has now done two pieces wherein claims are made that

steroids are not bad for you and aid in healing of injuries. The LA Weekly

did a fascinating article saying that steroids have been scapegoated (they

have a bad reason - sports memorabilia as a driving influence for keeping

steroids out as it would limit the value of their product) and that Canseco

points out in his book that it is the fountain of youth - and these claims

are steadily being supported. Bottom line: it appears there have been no

long-term studies on steroids.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
See, I never thought Kapler was really THAT huge, but he did have a good physique by bodybuilding standards. He was lean, cut, symmetrical and evenly proportioned.

Steroids dont necessarily make you huge. There are several uneducated people who think when you take gear it makes you huge. In fact this is extremely false. There are even kinds of gear that athletes and body builders take that make you more lean and not retain water and make you swell. Winny being one of them. I thought it was well known that Kapler skipped town because he was ending a cycle? :huh

Quick Edit: Gear=juice

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)
What is also amazing is this undercurrent of stories popping up in

the media that the steroids issue has been mis-reported all along.  The Bob

Costas show on HBO has now done two pieces wherein claims are made that

steroids are not bad for you and aid in healing of injuries.  The LA Weekly

did a fascinating article saying that steroids have been scapegoated (they

have a bad reason - sports memorabilia as a driving influence for keeping

steroids out as it would limit the value of their product) and that Canseco

points out in his book that it is the fountain of youth - and these claims

are steadily being supported.  Bottom line: it appears there have been no

long-term studies on steroids.

I posted it a while ago, but the thread was closed and I haven't yet been given an answer on whether or not I would be able to post the link again. PM me if anyone would like to see the HBO piece.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
I posted it a while ago, but the thread was closed and I haven't yet been given an answer on whether or not I would be able to post the link again. PM me if anyone would like to see the HBO piece.

Seen it. I actually had small amounts while I was recovering from shoulder surgery. Makes the recovery easier and quicker IMO.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)

No one wants to see that stupid HBO special.. :P :lolhitting

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 04:47 PM)
Harry from M,J, & H just mentioned that he's recieced a report that 2 big names are about to go down, but "he's not running with it"

Eh.. they're probably just talking out of their asses. :rolly

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 05:47 PM)
Harry from M,J, & H just mentioned that he's recieced a report that 2 big names are about to go down, but "he's not running with it"

Didn't know that MJ&H's producers read Soxtalk.com He's probably not running with it because he saw that it came from Soxtalk.com.