GRRRRINDERBALL v. Yankees 8/20/05 Game Thread!

Cerbaho-WG

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
Agree on all counts Keith.

There is no sugar coating this, they are in their worst stretch of the year by far and they need a jolt to come out of it.

They should really consider a personnel move, even if it's just shuffling the deck.

I've suggested Mark Bellhorn, but he's really just the player that, IMO, Ozzie will think of as Geoff Blum too. But, at least Bellhorn can hit better than Crede and Blum. He was bad earlier in the year, but he still has a .328 OBP, and last year, put up something like an .800 OPS with Boston, IIRC.

But, like I said -- he's basically Geoff Blum too except with a little more offense.

I had a dream that we traded Anderson and Tracey (or someone else) for Griffey. I was so happy. Then I woke up... :banghead :crying

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
What a f***ing joke of an effort this team has lost it's heart they are just out there going through the f***ing motions.

f***

This isn't just one player who has tanked, it's a full organizational collapse. Hopefully, the bleeding stops soon. The only player who honestly should look in the mirror, and feel like there's nothing more they can do is Neal Cotts.

QUOTE(mooja @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
anybody know who's going to be free agents on the sox after this year?

Konerko and Thomas. Crede and garland are eligible for arbitration.

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

JimH.....if you know that it sucks, why get mad at others who state in more detail what you're probably feeling?

I'm not mad at all, actually I find it kind of humorous in a futile kinda way.

The futility is, you guys say the same damn thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

And over.

I hope it makes you feel better, I really do. I can't fathom (no pun intended) someone feeling so miserable and needing to constantly vent about how bad this guy sucks or that guy sucks on this board. And then, welcoming back other people like long lost friends who do the same thing. Wow, how true is that saying, misery loves company? Let's all b**** together, kumbaya.

No one promised Sox fans getting to the playoffs would be a cakewalk, no one guaranteed this team would carry a 12 game lead all the way to Oct. 2. No one

indicated other GM's would bend over backwards to help the White Sox.

You guys have all watched baseball during other seasons before, what is it that made you think this one was gonna be so easy?

Everyone here has the right to b****, other people have the right to say when in their opinion it's going overboard.

Every season is a grind, this one will be no different.

I am going to watch the Sox play in Seattle next Saturday and Sunday. I am hoping we have a turnaround by the offense before then

Very cool. Make sure to tell us your impressions of Safeco and the area when you come back.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
This isn't just one player who has tanked, it's a full organizational collapse.

It's eerily similar to the collapse of the Orioles earlier. They were looking great, then they choked out of nowhere.

Welcome to another White Sox season, Chicago. Build up your hopes and spit in your face.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
Konerko and Thomas. Crede and garland are eligible for arbitration.

so our pitching will still be in tact next year? that's good. i figure we gotta give KW the time to get some real bats in the lineup next year. that's only way we're gonna go anywhere in the playoffs...

not that i'm giving up on this season or anything, just looking down the road :)

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
It's eerily similar to the collapse of the Orioles earlier.  They were looking great, then they choked out of nowhere.

Welcome to another White Sox season, Chicago.  Build up your hopes and spit in your face.

Then stop watching, if you already know the outcome. Do us all a favor.

QUOTE(mooja @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
so our pitching will still be in tact next year?  that's good.  i figure we gotta give KW the time to get some real bats in the lineup next year.  that's only way we're gonna go anywhere in the playoffs...

not that i'm giving up on this season or anything, just looking down the road  :)

We're not going to have a lot of money to afford anything this offseason, and unless we raise payroll by 10 pct, we're not going to be able to afford PK. Look for a lot of talk of the Sox trading Contreras. Anyways, this is THE YEAR for this team to win the AL Central. The Indians are just going to get better with their spectacular young offensive players.