Favorite Childhood Smells

Texsox

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 06:51 AM)
I am researching a new trend in marketing and was wondering what your favorite childhood smell is. It would also be helpful if you would also add what decade that would be from.

crayons -- 60s for me.

christmas trees. Nothing smells better than a christmas tree in the house (imo). The holidays are by far my favorite time of the year.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:18 PM)
We soooo need a nerd's catch all thread.  Tex get to work!

Have you looked around? All these threads are full of nerds.

Hey FlaSoxxJim, how do fish and sea living mammals smell and why?

Quite a few of these smells though just seem to be things that are not relegated to "childhood". It seems that we are falling off the topic and just mentioning what we actually like the smell of.

Odd nobody had mentioned the results of their Uncle Jack's "pull my finger" stunt. :P

I could've sworn I submitted this post already but when I left and came back it was gone. Anyway...

Campfires. My parents and grandparents had permanent campsites at a campground in Wisconsin and we'd spend every single weekend during the summer up there. They quit camping when I was about 8 or 9 but my grandparents are still up there.

Always brings back good memories.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
It seems that we are falling off the topic and just mentioning what we actually like the smell of.

I think not, otherwise the thread would have an NC-17 rating by now. ;)

The line from Christine about the one thing better than 'new car smell' comes to mind...

Nice AV there, btw.

Any smell that I abolutely LOVE is the smell of smoked meat. I remember as a little kid how me an my grandpa would go to the butcher shop and buy hundreds of pounds of meat and sit in the cold garage for hours a day and talk and check the meats until they were done and keep adding wood to the fires. Good times.

I also love Michigans cool, crisp, fall morning air. It takes me back to when I go hunting for deer every year (can't wait until Thanksgiving week!) and sitting up in the tree-stand all by myself, watching the sun come up, and sitting silently waiting for a deer to come out.

Ahhhh, memories.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
For some weird reason I always liked the smell of the hot air that came out of the back of our two piece giant ass vaccuum when I was a kid.  Really odd but good smell.  That and the smoke that came out of my train set :)

I have to admit, I've never seen an ass vacuum, big or small . . . :ph34r: :lolhitting

researchers have discovered that people born befor WW2 have natural smells as their favorite childhood memories, and people born after WW2 start mentioning man made things like playdoh, new car, etc.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
researchers have discovered that people born befor WW2 have natural smells as their favorite childhood memories, and people born after WW2 start mentioning man made things like playdoh, new car, etc.

So what natural smell is your favorite, old-timer? :D