Crede

Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
Well fathom, see, that's what quickman is put on earth for.

His entire purpose is to correct people, or otherwise spread pertinent information.

It is best you have him stick exclusively to baseball, when it gets into politics, all decorum goes out the window. 

Unbelieveable.

:bang

I see your back to yourself again. Just can't stay away, always there making people feel good. Keep it up.com

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You think people dislike Crede now?  Just wait until Bellhorn starts striking out at an alarming rate.  And I don't care what other Boston fans say....I've seen Bellhorn play plenty to make a judgment on his defense.

What's the difference between Bellhorn striking out and Crede popping it up to the infield? An out is an out. At least Bellhorn will draw a lot of walks and hit a few doubles and homers.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 05:11 PM)
oooooooohhh ... stop yourself and grow up and then read the thread at the top of the page.  No sexual references to players, you can criticize their performance but none of your normal humor, stop it and have a PBR or maybe even a Strohs.

Did I mention to stop yourself?  I thought so.

I have the 1977 CSN cd on the stereo right now ... underrated.

I used to listen to that album constantly. Fair Game, Dark Star, Just a Song Before I Go, Cathedral, I Give You Give Blind and Shadow Captain ; all great songs. I got it on vinyl.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 03:08 AM)
You think people dislike Crede now?  Just wait until Bellhorn starts striking out at an alarming rate.  And I don't care what other Boston fans say....I've seen Bellhorn play plenty to make a judgment on his defense.

Hmm... what to trust... defensive statistic like UZR, or fathom's eyes.

Tough call.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 03:23 AM)
Hmm...  what to trust...  defensive statistic like UZR, or fathom's eyes.

Tough call.

Hmm....who will I let influence my perception.....what I see with my own eyes, or a statistical analysis? Like I said earlier, Bellhorn was so bad on defense that Red Sox fans used to cheer for a bencher to come in and replace him. Also, I'm not saying there's something wrong with striking out....but a lot of fans would get quite upset with Bellhorn's strikeout frequency. If anyone thinks Bellhorn is the same player this season as he was in the past, then I definitely disagree.

Can I ask where all this Bellhorn talk came up, did I miss something?

Crede is having X-rays tomorrow and may have a broken finger. He said himself that his whole hand went numb after getting HBP and he didn't think that was a good sign. The Red Sox DFA'ed Bellhorn 5 days ago. If Crede does have a broken finger, we may need a 3rd baseman.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 03:26 AM)
Hmm....who will I let influence my perception.....what I see with my own eyes, or a statistical analysis?  Like I said earlier, Bellhorn was so bad on defense that Red Sox fans used to cheer for a bencher to come in and replace him. Also, I'm not saying there's something wrong with striking out....but a lot of fans would get quite upset with Bellhorn's strikeout frequency. If anyone thinks Bellhorn is the same player this season as he was in the past, then I definitely disagree.

Even if he's not... which is really stretching it, considering your basing this on 270 ABs or so -- what's wrong with what he'd bring?

If used against lefties alone, he's better than anything we have. He's putting up a .234/.336/.394 line against lefties this year. That's pretty much the floor of the production you're going to get from him, and it's still better than anything else we'd have.

In the gamethreads, I see you b**** about this team not having enough guys who get on base. A .330 OBP would rank what, third on our team right now? Fourth?

If Crede is gone for the season, I don't see why they don't make this move.

Hmm....who will I let influence my perception.....what I see with my own eyes, or a statistical analysis?  Like I said earlier, Bellhorn was so bad on defense that Red Sox fans used to cheer for a bencher to come in and replace him.   Also, I'm not saying there's something wrong with striking out....but a lot of fans would get quite upset with Bellhorn's strikeout frequency.   If anyone thinks Bellhorn is the same player this season as he was in the past, then I definitely disagree.

The Red Sox fans cheered for Pokey because Bellhorn's bat was slumping. It wasn't because of his defense...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/scouting?statsId=5831

2005 Outlook

Francona stuck with Bellhorn amidst an early postseason slump and a media clamor for Pokey Reese. While Bellhorn's offense earned him a starting role, he will need to maintain his batting average near his 2004 mark. If Bellhorn doesn't, the Red Sox may turn to another candidate who provides better defense up the middle.

Edited by GoSoxGo

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
Even if he's not...  which is really stretching it, considering your basing this on 270 ABs or so -- what's wrong with what he'd bring?

If used against lefties alone, he's better than anything we have.  He's putting up a .234/.336/.394 line against lefties this year.  That's pretty much the floor of the production you're going to get from him, and it's still better than anything else we'd have.

In the gamethreads, I see you b**** about this team not having enough guys who get on base.  A .330 OBP would rank what, third on our team right now?  Fourth? 

If Crede is gone for the season, I don't see why they don't make this move.

His OBP looks pretty good. But 42% strikeout rate is amazing. Thats beyond what Valentin did last year.

If we platooned him and Blum it wouldnt hurt. Plus he has post season experience. If Crede is out for a long time, I would like to see this or Sean Burroughs(burroughs might not have cleared waivers)

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 09:37 PM)
Isn't that why we got Blum?  Insurance for Crede because his back was acting up?

Blum was picked up to rest Kong and Crede while giving us another switch hitting bat off the bench. They didnt invision him starting.

If they are going to not make a move here, they should call up Gload have Gload play 1st, DH Kong, have Blum play 3rd and have Everett play LF until Monday.

I vividly remember at least twice when Bellhorn made costly errors, and that's what started the Pokey chants by the crowd.

And Bellhorn ended last season with 11 errors and a .980 fielding percentage in 124 games at 2nd base. Looks like the fans may have overreacted to a few errors.

Edited by GoSoxGo

The smart money right now says calling up Gload. My guess it that it'll be Willie Harris though.

Agreed. Gload and his stick would make the most sense since he could take over Blum's job of backing up Konerko at 1st base. Blum would start at 3rd base with Ozuna backing up the entire left side on the infield.

How is Sean Burroughs at 3rd? Maybe a change of scenery will do him good. Insurance if Crede continues to falter.

He is supposed to have Gold Glove potential at 3rd base. The main shot at him is that he has shown no power. He hits for a good AVG and OBP though. He would be an upgrade to Crede in my opinion. I don't see it happening though. There's no way he would clear waivers and August 31st is the deadline.