Someone... please help me to understand..

Steff

Brian told me about this lady in a Mercedes in front of him in the manual lanes that told the toll booth operator that she shouldn't have to pay. The operator said fine and pointed out the State Trooper on the side of the road and said "Explain it to him." She paid quick enough when the trooper started to make his way to the booth.

I decided to take 294 to 90 today because of all the construction and 83 being shut down and I made some good time on my ride in today.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 07:34 AM)
Why, when driving on the TOLL ROAD one would neglect to have any money for the TOLLS with them....????

:banghead

Tell the story.

I had a guy a few cars in front of me once in the change only lane just sit there. He kept looking over to the manned booth like they were supposed to come over and give him change or something. He finally got out and went over there.

Happened to a friend of mine. He exited at Rte 22 (?) when it was an exact change only exit, with no manned booth. He didn't have any change, couldn't go backwards on the ramp, drove through and picked up a $75 ticket.

Some people forget their wallets, some are idiots.

QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 09:01 AM)
Tell the story.

Lady pulls in the far right manual lane just before the Roosevelt exit on 294 (where we get off) and starts digging in her purse before she even gets to the booth. Jim and I just look at eachother and laugh... 5 or 6 cars go and it's her turn... "hold on.. I got some change here....." 30 seconds pass... she hands him $0.30. He says $.50 more. She says no.. just a dime more. He says.. "cash is $0.80", I-pass is 0.40" She starts screaming at him.. "I have a GD I-pass". He walks back into his booth, picks up the phone and she keeps yelling. A supervisor comes over, takes her plate info and opens the gate - she keeps screaming "you better not send me a ticket for $.50 cents asshole...". he say's "go on miss" points forward telling her to have a nice day. All the while she is screaming. We just laughed. The toll guy apologized, but it wasn't his fault.

It was pretty funny. But it got me wondering.. how on earth does a woman not have $.80 in her purse...?? :huh

A week and a hlaf ago I went to my sister's apartment at NIU for dinner and when I was getting back on 88 the woman in front of me was just sittign there--obviously looking for change, it was at least 3 minutes. So stupid. I mean, come on! You're ENTERING a TOLL ROAD how can you be shocked that you have to pay a TOLL!!!!

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
A week and a hlaf ago I went to my sister's apartment at NIU for dinner and when I was getting back on 88 the woman in front of me was just sittign there--obviously looking for change, it was at least 3 minutes. So stupid. I mean, come on! You're ENTERING a TOLL ROAD how can you be shocked that you have to pay a TOLL!!!!

there's a reason why the darwin awards exist

people, are, dumb

QUOTE(56789 @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
Maybe she is one of those people that have multiple cars and had her I Pass in the other car at the time and forgot to move it, so had to go through the cash lane. She did say she had an i pass.

Yea, that could have been the case..

What that has to do with the question I'm not sure.... :huh

QUOTE(56789 @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
Maybe she is one of those people that have multiple cars and had her I Pass in the other car at the time and forgot to move it, so had to go through the cash lane. She did say she had an i pass.

Excellent point.

So she thought she had a way to pay the toll.

She's not an idiot for not having a way to pay for the toll, she's an idiot for being in the wrong lane.

Judges ruling? She's still an idiot. Play on.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 08:48 AM)
Excellent point.

So she thought she had a way to pay the toll.

She's not an idiot for not having a way to pay for the toll, she's an idiot for being in the wrong lane.

Judges ruling? She's still an idiot. Play on.

Thing is TEX.. here in Illinois if you don't have your I-Pass in the car you are told to still go through the I-pass lane and the $0.40 will be charged to your account. We just got reminder letters about this in June. No way she had an I-Pass.

Yes.. still an idiot. ;)

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 08:50 AM)
Thing is TEX.. here in Illinois if you don't have your I-Pass in the car you are told to still go through the I-pass lane and the $0.40 will be charged to your account. We just got reminder letters about this in June. No way she had an I-Pass.

Yes.. still an idiot.  ;)

But without idiots, how would we feel smart and superior? Thank God for people like that. Speaking of God

The Hebrew people were sitting around Mt. Sinai. You could hear only a subdued murmur among them, but you could feel the tension in the air.

For hours now, Moses had been on top of the mountain, hidden from their gaze by clouds wafting around its top. Sometimes the clouds became dark and you could hear thunder rolling down. In spite of the warm weather, this caused a shudder among the waiting mass.The end of day was approaching and dusk was beginning to set in when suddenly a figure came through the clouds and walked down the steep mountainside carrying a heavy load. It was Moses.

Moses set down his load and raised his hands.

"Friends," he said. "Friends, it was hard work and I have done my best. I have negotiated with Him. I used every possible argument, every trick I could think of—and I think I was successful. The good news is: I brought him down from 15 to 10. The bad news is: Adultery is still in."