Am I normal?

alexgtp

I was wondering if any of you are the same as me.

I have not missed a whitesox broadcast this year.

If I am at work i listen to them on the radio.

I the game starts befor i get home I have it on the tivo..

Heck I sometimes even listen to the game in the afternoon if it is an afternoon game and than i get home I watch the comcast replay.. WTF!! Issues I tell ya...

:gosox3:

QUOTE(alexgtp @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)

Heck I sometimes even listen to the game in the afternoon if it is an afternoon game and than i get home I watch the comcast replay.. WTF!! Issues I tell ya...

Almost. TiVo it and you're there. ;)

If your not normal than neither am I. I cant say that I haven't missed a broadcast, but I am always checking the score via the web on my phone. My wife even tells me that how the Sox are playing determines my moods. I think I have issues also :banghead

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
Almost. TiVo it and you're there.  ;)

:unsure:

You become terminal when you in the offseason

Plan out the weekend for soxfest before they announce dates. Have your yearly vacation trip to Arizona already booked for ST. Cant wait until the schedule for next year is released so you can see what part of the schedule is East Coast bias. Wait for the first day of FA to begin, last day of arbitration offered, hit the site about a billion times during it, using RSS feeds from all sorts of sports news sources so you are the first to get that great FA signing we hope to get. Then b**** about the ones we miss out on. That + what you said and you are there. LOL

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
If your not normal than neither am I. I cant say that I haven't missed a broadcast, but I am always checking the score via the web on my phone.  My wife even tells me that how the Sox are playing determines my moods. I think I have issues also :banghead

Nothing pisses my girlfriend off more than me constantly looking at my phones for scores and fantasy stats. Sh hates it. She'll just have to live with it.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
You become terminal when you in the offseason

Plan out the weekend for soxfest before they announce dates.  Have your yearly vacation trip to Arizona already booked for ST.  Cant wait until the schedule for next year is released so you can see what part of the schedule is East Coast bias. Wait for the first day of FA to begin, last day of arbitration offered, hit the site about a billion times during it, using RSS feeds from all sorts of sports news sources so you are the first to get that great FA signing we hope to get.  Then b**** about the ones we miss out on.    That + what you said and you are there.  LOL

That's me minus the Sofest.

QUOTE(alexgtp @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)

While I have missed a few games this year (via family, work or other events) everything else pretty much is me in a nutshell.

If I work late, I listen to the walkman on the train.

If we're going out, I listen in the car.

If I have to take the dog out, I pause the DVR.

You get the point.

Are we normal? Probably not. But we're baseball fans. It's an addiction.

Edited by robinventura23

No, you just put the "fan" in "fanatic."

I wish I could do what you do, but I already have enough gray hair, and these Sox games, nearly all, have been enough to cause congenital heart failure. At this rate, by playoff time I'll be a wreck...without having been able to watch many a game!

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
Nothing pisses my girlfriend off more than me constantly looking at my phones for scores and fantasy stats.  Sh hates it.  She'll just have to live with it.

Then SHe's not the girl for you then.. :D

At least you fellas can talk to your mates about the Sox. Mine just shake their heads and look on me as an oddity. I miss most games on MLBtv because of the time difference. Most mornings I'm rushing to print of reports from the Herald and Times to read at work while they can read the back pages of the newspapers to follow the football or Rugby.

Actually you are a damn slacker. 100 posts? Common man, have an opinion, learn to type faster. Have you not been in a game thread? Hell some guys post 100 posts per inning.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
At least you fellas can talk to your mates about the Sox. Mine just shake their heads and look on me as an oddity. I miss most games on MLBtv because of the time difference. Most mornings I'm rushing to print of reports from the Herald and Times to read at work while they can read the back pages of the newspapers to follow the football or Rugby.

Hey DeP, when you get a chance, could you explain cricket to me. Maybe start a thread over in the sports bar. I need a team to cheer for also.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
Hey DeP, when you get a chance, could you explain cricket to me. Maybe start a thread over in the sports bar. I need a team to cheer for also.

Jeeze, how to explain the rules of Cricket....I tried that once with my American brother in law and gave up. Try here Cricket rules and stuff they'll do it better than me.

You need to understand that the major teams are not "town/city" based like most sports, but "county"(similar to your states) based. So my local team is Yorkshire.

Sussex are winning the county championship at the moment.

I don't realy follow county cricket but I do like to watch international test matches the game lasts 4 days by the way) and as I'm sure your all aware England are currently SPANKING Austrailia! Sorry DBAH0. :britishflag:

BTW my inlaws were shocked when I gave them a cricket ball. They hadn't realised how much bigger and harder it was than a baseball; when you realize that the record speed for a bowled ball is just over 100mph it's not something you would want to get infront of. Unlike baseball, hitting a batter is not something to be avoided, it is part of the game! And as for playing in the position of "silly mid off" well you have no chance of getting me there.

Edited by DePloderer

f a captain feels their team has scored enough runs, they can bring the innings to a close by making a "declaration".

I love this rule. Could you imagine during a big inning, Ozzie going out to the unpire and saying, hey, we've got enough runs here, let them bat :lolhitting

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
Jeeze, how to explain the rules of Cricket....I tried that once with my American brother in law and gave up. Try here Cricket rules and stuff they'll do it better than me.

You need to understand that the major teams are not "town/city" based like most sports, but "county"(similar to your states) based. So my local team is Yorkshire.

Sussex are winning the county championship at the moment.

I don't realy follow county cricket but I do like to watch international test matches the game lasts 4 days by the way) and as I'm sure your all aware England are currently SPANKING Austrailia! Sorry DBAH0.  :britishflag:

BTW my inlaws were shocked when I gave them a cricket ball. They hadn't realised how much bigger and harder it was than a baseball; when you realize that the record speed for a bowled ball is just over 100mph it's not something you would want to get infront of. Unlike baseball, hitting a batter is not something to be avoided, it is part of the game! And as for playing in the position of "silly mid off" well you have no chance of getting me there.

Yes I'm watching it right now and we're not doing too good at all against the Pommies.

Anyways, it's prob worse for me that I watch as many games as I can, when I can, as an Aussie, as I don't know if there'd be anyone else in my state, let alone my country like that. :bang :aussie:

QUOTE(JoshPR @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
Then SHe's not the girl for you then..  :D

My wife is just a sick as I am! Last Sun game vs the Yanks,she rented the patio and threw a suprize B-day party for me. There was 40 friends and family. She planned it since Feb. This is the same women who laughs at me when Timo does something right and says I love Timo. :cheers

Oh yeah,she was a Cub fan before I met her. She now makes fun of the them by asking them to name the team beside the stars. When they can't she says,I used to be like you,now because I'm a Sox fan I know baseball not just the seventh inning stretch.