Game Thread vs Seattle Aug 27th @ 9:05

knightni

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 03:15 AM)
When Contreras doesn't have that deer in headlights look on his face, he is dominating.

I agree. The thing with him is that you can never get comfortable that he has it in cruise control. He just needs to keep getting the first batter of the inning out, and avoid the stretch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
I agree. The thing with him is that you can never get comfortable that he has it in cruise control.  He just needs to keep getting the first batter of the inning out, and avoid the stretch.

The deer in headlights look can return at any time. And I agree, he seems so much better out of a wind up rather than the stretch, but next time it happens watch, if there's a man on 3rd with 2 out he's pitching from the stretch. I'm sure its to keep him closer on a WP, but I don't think its worth giving up the effectiveness of his wind-up.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
I notice something very different about Jose's approach on the mound tonight.

His confidence is growing. If he ever gets to the point where he really believes he should win every start, you are looking at an All Star, and Cy Young candidate. One problem is, if they string a couple hits, his approach may change.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 03:33 AM)
Wasn't Hawk talking how Ozzie was more concerned about "the big picture" rather than that particular game, yesterday? Because now he's saying they only worry about today.

Haha, yes. I still want to know how the big picture is effected by letting Duque pitch into the 8th inning?