Game Thread vs Seattle Aug 27th @ 9:05

knightni

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 03:35 AM)
He was at less than 95 pitches, IIRC...

So if you're in the playoffs, you'd let Duque pitch into the 8th inning even if his pitch count is low? I would hope Ozzie has more faith in our bullpen than that.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
I notice something very different about Jose's approach on the mound tonight.

He's working at a Buerhle-esque pace. Pitching, heading right back to the rubber, usually waiting on the batter instead of the batter waiting on him. I've never seen him work this fast. Maybe it translates to him thinking less. Also that he's not shaking anything off. Batters have not much time to think at all.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 03:41 AM)
He's working at a Buerhle-esque pace.  Pitching, heading right back to the rubber, usually waiting on the batter instead of the batter waiting on him.  I've never seen him work this fast.  Maybe it translates to him thinking less.  Also that he's not shaking anything off.  Batters have not much time to think at all.

The fewers runners to reach, the quicker he'll work. He still seemed to take forever to pitch when someone got on base. I think the key to Contreras has been his ability to get ahead in the count with his fastball.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
The fewers runners to reach, the quicker he'll work.  He still seemed to take forever to pitch when someone got on base.  I think the key to Contreras has been his ability to get ahead in the count with his fastball.

Good point. I'll have to see what happens if a runner actually reaches. I wasn't paying much attention the last time they had a baserunner.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 03:49 AM)
I love Carl from the right!!!! :wub:  :wub:

I know, it's shocking...cause he used to seem so clueless from that side of the plate. Maybe he went back and watched video footage from the HR derby a few years ago when he batted righty, and gave Corky a run for his money.