"Official Double Dip Thread" 8/30/05

Brian

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:52 PM)
Jphat...I'm actually with you on this, that there's no reason to give up hope now.  However, it seems like we've been saying "oh, the lead is 10...oh, the lead is 8...etc."  How long until you actually get worried?

Probably around 2 or 3. I doubt it will get to that though. I doubt it drops below 5. When we get to play KC for two weeks, even though they took 2 of 3, that will help us out tremendously. That and the indians aren't going to play .650 ball the rest of the year.

I would guess our lead is right around 6 at the end of the year.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pathetic. Were actually going to turn this into a race. I think were still in good shape, but with the lead we had, it should never have been even close. Also, Ozzie has to stop putting out these give away lineups. You know, the third game of the series where Blum, Timo, Ozuna and Widger all start, which is probably what we'll see in a few minutes. Offset it, moron Ozzie. Blum rests Crede one day (I do realize Crede is injured, Im just making an example), Timo rests Dye the next, Ozuna rests Uribe after that and finally Widger rests AJ. Then the next few days you can play a full lineup and then start another rotation. These guys arent paid millions of dollars a year to get an offday every third day. I strongly believe the Sox are winning in spite of Ozzie. The players like Pods and Gooch created "Ozzieball", Ozzie didnt create it. Remember, Ozzie was here last year and we still stunk. Pods, Gooch, AJ and many pitchers that made us so good, they werent here last year, and its because of them that we changed our ways. Ozzie was a s***ty player and an even s***tier manager. He should lose his job after this season.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)
Probably around 2 or 3. I doubt it will get to that though. I doubt it drops below 5. When we get to play KC for two weeks, even though they took 2 of 3, that will help us out tremendously. That and the indians aren't going to play .650 ball the rest of the year.

I would guess our lead is right around 6 at the end of the year.

They wont have to play at a 650 clip if we keep dropping 4 or more in a row at a clip.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 11:54 PM)
'05 W Sox = '69 Cubs???  Maybe!!!

Right now, it seems more like the 2004 Cubs with the announcers saying dumb thing after dumb thing, the manager seemingly sleeping during the game, and the players making lame excuses. It's called COMPOSURE!

Good pitching still defeats good hitting, right? Just wan't to be sure of that old addage. Maybe it should be good pitching defeats mediocre hitting, but struggles against good hitting.

This inconsistency displayed recently by our pitching is troubling. Can't afford for Garcia, Garland, Buehlre to throw three terrible starts in a row EVER. Lord knows the one f***ing day the offense scores six runs within the last two weeks is the one game the pitching decides to collapse.

Game II should be great. Minor league pitcher making his debut against our corpseball ridden offense. You wonder how many callups can record victories against our club between wins for our minor league pitchers. Who was the last, Diaz last summer? That's pathetic and embarrassing.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:56 PM)
They wont have to play at a 650 clip if we keep dropping 4 or more in a row at a clip.

As long as we keep getting 5 out of 6 in between they will. And we didn't even play well in that stretch. We'll get hot at least once more this year.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
As long as we keep getting 5 out of 6 in between they will. And we didn't even play well in that stretch. We'll get hot at least once more this year.

What part of watching this team over the last month says that another run is in them.

They have been folding for a month now. We have lost half out lead in 2 weeks.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 06:57 PM)
Good pitching still defeats good hitting, right? Just wan't to be sure of that old addage. Maybe it should be good pitching defeats mediocre hitting, but struggles against good hitting.

Good pitching will often beat good hitting but great pitching will almost always beat great hitting.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
Brandon McCarthy will get his first major league win tonight and the Sox are going to rip off a nice winning streak.  You heard it here first :)

I'll have what he's having. :P

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:09 PM)
Brandon McCarthy will get his first major league win tonight and the Sox are going to rip off a nice winning streak.  You heard it here first :)

I'm going to hold you to it. Don't make me drive down to Irvine (that town smells like bong water! :P )

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 06:09 PM)

Although Pods has started this game with a double, I forsee several dominating innings from Volquez. Need to scratch across a run here. He throws easy heat--and we've yet to see any offspeed breaking pitch.

Edited by Flash Tizzle