Should you get a car on your 16th birthday?

farmteam

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
f*** no.

Back in my day, there were no fat people. We had to walk everywhere.

Did you have to walk 15 miles in the freezing cold during a blizzard to get to school? :P

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
f*** no.

Back in my day, there were no fat people. We had to walk everywhere.

You walked 10 miles to school? 15 miles to work?

I got a car for my 16th birthday only because my grandma got a new truck and gave me her old one. I have to pay all insurance and all gas. My parents, although certainly able to afford a car for me, have not paid a dime towards anything for it.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)
You walked 10 miles to school? 15 miles to work?

I got a car for my 16th birthday only because my grandma got a new truck and gave me her old one. I have to pay all insurance and all gas. My parents, although certainly able to afford a car for me, have not paid a dime towards anything for it.

Don't forget Cheat is an avid cyclist.

I informally had a car before I turned 16 but it was pretty much known that it was mine. No, with it being a f***ing 8-cylinder gas-guzzling Lincoln, I will probably sell it and get a Mazda 626 that some lady my dad knows is selling for prettuy cheap. As soon as I get a job, most likely soon and at Burger King, I will be paying for gas and insurance.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 06:56 PM)
Don't do it. Eating s*** for 5 hours > working at fast food

I worked for a little fast-food restaurant near my block earlier this year and it was fun. I worked with all of my friends. Time of my life. I'll work at Burger King, right next to 2 of my friends who work at KFc and across from my fest friend who works at McDonalds. We meet up after work and chill. Good times...

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
I worked for a little fast-food restaurant near my block earlier this year and it was fun. I worked with all of my friends. Time of my life. I'll work at Burger King, right next to 2 of my friends who work at KFc and across from my fest friend who works at McDonalds. We meet up after work and chill. Good times...

chill at the White Castle in which none of you guys could get discounts probably.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 07:04 PM)
You eat pieces of s*** for breakfast??? :P

Anyone know the movie?

OMFG....I can see the scene in my head but I can't spit out the title!

Edit: Happy Gilmore!?!?!

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 06:00 PM)

I work with all my friends at DQ, but it still sucks balls. I make all the food on the grill and its so f***ing greasy. Plus, the pay sucks because the boss is a cheap ass.