Offiicial game thread 9/1

Ishmookie

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, now...is it just me, or is Podsednik officially the MVP and spark plug of this team? Pods returns, we score 5, 6, and what...5 runs, then Oz benches him yesterday and we are back to scoring a whopping 2 runs...put him back in today, and what do ya know...12 runs.

Stop fu!@#$@ benching Pods...thank you. Rant over. :D

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 02:30 AM)
Ok, now...is it just me, or is Podsednik officially the MVP and spark plug of this team?  Pods returns, we score 5, 6, and what...5 runs, then Oz benches him yesterday and we are back to scoring a whopping 2 runs...put him back in today, and what do ya know...12 runs.

Stop fu!@#$@ benching Pods...thank you.  Rant over.  :D

I disagree. The most important hitter on the Sox is Jermaine Dye. When he's slumping, our offense sucks. When he's swinging the bat well, our offense looks much better.

Dye was still on the team when Pods left and we weren't scoring. Pods returns and we are scoring...it's like hes a voodoo doll and the team needs him in the lineup to be good.

Dye is BETTER when Pods is in the lineup, on base or not...he just makes everyone feel all warm and fuzzy. :D

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
I disagree.  The most important hitter on the Sox is Jermaine Dye.  When he's slumping, our offense sucks.  When he's swinging the bat well, our offense looks much better.

Wow 12 runs on the board. Just some quick thoughts;

- Pierzynski to me looks more dangerous down in say the 6th or 7th spot than hitting 3rd or 5th obviously.

- Uribe looks to be picking it up which is a big plus.

- Jermaine Dye's on one of his streaks again. We need to make the most of it, by getting good pitching and we should win the majority of our games.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 02:32 AM)
Dye was still on the team when Pods left and we weren't scoring.  Pods returns and we are scoring...it's like hes a voodoo doll and the team needs him in the lineup to be good.

Dye is BETTER when Pods is in the lineup, on base or not...he just makes everyone feel all warm and fuzzy. :D

Dye was also struggling when we weren't scoring. We were scoring plenty of runs tonight with Pods having no significant offensive contribution before his last double.

You obviously aren't understanding what I'm saying...Pods doesn't have to contribute with hits...just BEING there is his contribution...he's like a good luck charm.

Joe-boo...Pods-boo. :D

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
Dye was also struggling when we weren't scoring.  We were scoring plenty of runs tonight with Pods having no significant offensive contribution before his last double.