Offiicial game thread 9/1

Ishmookie

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 12:14 AM)
Is it me or does the crowd look sparse?  Odd for a half-price night for a 1st place team.

a.) Bears game. Sad, I know, that more people would rather go to a preseason football game, but this town loves it's football.

b.) I doubt everyone has their minds on sports right now...

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
Is it me or does the crowd look sparse?  Odd for a half-price night for a 1st place team.

i was going to comment as well. it's like night and day from what it has been, but keith's explanation is probably right.

The wind seems to have been taken out of everyone's sails.

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
i was going to comment as well.  it's like night and day from what it has been, but keith's explanation is probably right.

The wind seems to have been taken out of everyone's sails.

That's good...it means we win at home again!! :D ;) :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
a.) Bears game.  Sad, I know, that more people would rather go to a preseason football game, but this town loves it's football.

b.) I doubt everyone has their minds on sports right now...

c.) School is back in session. -- How many college age kids are there here who would have been at the game tonight. How many families are staying at home because the kids have school the next day....

------------

2 on nobody out, Sox fail to score. Hawk calls it a bad break...

Um batting 3 players with a combined 0 HRs back-to-back-to-back is not a bad break Hawk. It's called stupidity.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
Good thing we didn't play for one run

I liked the move....but Ozuna just has to try and avoid hitting it up the middle. Nothing you can do about that though. However, it would be nice of Hawk to just shut up. He keeps saying how bad of a break that was. How was that a bad break Hawk? How about the fact we only had two guys on because Pods got lucky on a bad bunt?

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
Just once, I would like to see Ozzie give Dye a shot at batting 3rd.  It just seems like Everett's swing has gotten way too long.

I have mentioned that a few months ago. I even emailed Ozzie about it. He obviously ignored it. :P