• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)
JC has been absolutely fantastic as of late

playoff rotation? yes

Yep, and I can't believe how some people want Duque in the rotation. Even though he seems to be throwing better lately, his numbers over his last 5 starts are still real bad. A very good game for Duque still equates to about 3 runs allowed. A good game for the 4 other starters means 0 or 1 run.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 06:17 PM)
Yep, and I can't believe how some people want Duque in the rotation.  Even though he seems to be throwing better lately, his numbers over his last 5 starts are still real bad.  A very good game for Duque still equates to about 3 runs allowed.  A good game for the 4 other starters means 0 or 1 run.

I just think you have to put the Duke on a pitch count. He's great the first 5 or 6 innings. Then...not so much.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 07:22 PM)
I like the hitting so far tonight.  A few doubles, some hits strung together.  If we do this we will be fine.

Why is Harris playing?  Something happened to gooch?

He was a late scratch because he had to attend to a personal problem and didn't think it would take him so long to get from wherever to the Cell, but there was heavy traffic, so Ozzie just said that he could sit instead of just throwing him straight in there.

As far as Duque. I agree. He's great through 5 or 6, and then that's when he starts giving up runs.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
Thank goodness we're out of August.

I still think it has a lot to do with the trade deadlines being over. No more hoping to have someone else come carry the load....each of these players has to take it upon themselves to have a good month.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
I still think it has a lot to do with the trade deadlines being over.  No more hoping to have someone else come carry the load....each of these players has to take it upon themselves to have a good month.

having a pitcher absolutely dominate helps as well