Ross Gload comments

southsideirish71

"I didn't want to play this year in Charlotte. It just kind of happened," said Gload, speaking in the White Sox clubhouse before Thursday's series opener against Detroit. "I mean, I don't know what they think of me at this point.

"I've done everything I could do this year to get healthy and get back here again. I just kind of start over and go from there. I imagine I'll really just be insurance. A backup to the backups."

I don't know what's more important," Gload added. "What I did last year over [234] at-bats or what I did -- I lost my job over an injury and 13 at-bats. It's been a tough year in that aspect. I started 2-for-13 and I lost my job. It took me five months to prove myself in Charlotte, to get one month up here, which is tough."

After seeing these quotes he wont be back with us next year.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
I know Gload is frustrated, but the last thing we need is for a bench player to put himself above the team with a month left in the regular season. I have a feeling that it's stuff like this which is why he's never been a favorite of KW/Ozzie.

Gload has just hit while he has been up here. It was frustrating for fans to watch Gload rake in AAA, while we barely could muster a few hits in some games. Its hard to look at his body of work in AAA and say that he didnt deserve a chance to help this team.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 04:37 AM)
Gload has just hit while he has been up here. It was frustrating for fans to watch Gload rake in AAA, while we barely could muster a few hits in some games.  Its hard to look at his body of work in AAA and say that he didnt deserve a chance to help this team.

He did...but now that he's up here, he should just focus on doing what he has to do in order to help the team. He knows he's going to be in a different organization after this season anyways. I don't know what he thought saying that stuff would do for his chances the rest of the season.

He's got a right to be frusterated but this wasn't the right time to bring this up. That being said he was probably asked a question and answered it truthfully. I think Ross is a good solid major league player who definitely deserves a roster spot on almost all major league teams and who could be a starter some where.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
He's got a right to be frusterated but this wasn't the right time to bring this up.  That being said he was probably asked a question and answered it truthfully.  I think Ross is a good solid major league player who definitely deserves a roster spot on almost all major league teams and who could be a starter some where.

I hope he gets hotter n's***! Rip em Ross! :D Watch him explode on to the scene and play f***ing awesomely and win the 1B job for 2006 and become an All-Star....I can dream.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
What teams out there will offer a starting spot to Gload, who's a hitter the wrong side of 30, and doesn't hit for power at a position where it's a premium FWIW?

I assume this is directed towards me so I'll answer: I didn't say I believe he'd get a shot somewhere but I do believe he has enough to be a starter in this league, I truely believe that.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 01:08 AM)
I'm with you Kelly Wunsch, err, I mean Ross. Pack it up and go be a .300 hitting starter elsewhere, where they appreciate you.

I appreciate him.

And I hope he tears it up for teh rest of the season and is valued somewhere next year.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
What teams out there will offer a starting spot to Gload, who's a hitter the wrong side of 30, and doesn't hit for power at a position where it's a premium FWIW?

He wont get a starting job. But a decent left handed bat who can play some first will get a job. But then again who knows, the same could of been said of Timo. Yet he had a ton of ABs last month and will be the first option off the bench here in September.

Gload's the type of player that could get 250-300 ABs over the course of a regular season being the primary back-up at 1b, and able to DH in games against tough righty pitchers. I know that no one knows for sure, but it seems pretty clear that there's not exactly a great r'ship between Ozzie and Gload. Even before these comments, Gload wasn't coming back to the Sox organization.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
I assume this is directed towards me so I'll answer: I didn't say I believe he'd get a shot somewhere but I do believe he has enough to be a starter in this league, I truely believe that.

Well that's the thing, he's so loved here because of the "grinder" mentality and everything, but when you look at it, he wouldn't be starting for any other teams in the majors probably, maybe 1 or 2.

With Ozzie's premium on defense, and Gload's inability to handle to RF spot well enough, he was never going to get enough playing time to satisfy us anyway. Since he's stuck behind Konerko, he was never going to get that chance.

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
no one can blame him for feeling like that.

if he's not here next year, good luck to him, i wish we wouldn't have treated him so badly

The guy got hurt, what else does he want.

Cry me a river...

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 01:11 AM)

Wrong side of 30?? :huh

Ross is 29 Years Old, he was born april 5th 1976 ;)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/g/gloadro01.shtml