• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this sucks!!!

My better half informs me last night at dinner:

"Oh...tomorrow is Mikey's (our Son) parent/teacher night at his new school"

"Um...", I said "I have that Sox Patio Party tomorrow"

"Oh..." then the LOOK.

So have fun guys. I won't be able to make it, but hey, that's what being a parent is all about.

A friend of mine will take my place. But...

Ah it sucks. :crying

Have fun.

::drowning my sorrows:: :drink

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it.  Had to give my tix away (Hopefully, kevin57 get them on time).  Maybe next year.  Have fun everyone.

:gosox1: Bring home another winner.

Kevin57 got it. Thanks. Maybe we can make a game, and the first round will be on me, RobinVentura23

:drink

For one, I couldn't even find the party for soxtalk.com. After I got to my seat I heard several cheers for WSI.com but ABSOLUTELY NO LOVE for soxtalk.com, I was the only one up trying to get it started (105 row 15 seat 16). Also, I had to deal with a Cubs fan directly in front of me (female) who kept chanting against the Sox. I just want to know where the Soxtalk love was, I thought people were coming out in droves tonight! Also, a couple in front of me (the girl in a shamrock Podsednik shirt) was very anti-White Sox and was very annoying, I was hoping for a positive White Sox experience tonight, I wish more people would have made themselves known! Too bad we lost but we can't win em all!!! :gosox1:

QUOTE(Sox Pride 22 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 04:30 AM)
BTW...We need to look into name tags next time!

haha, one comment I heard was this....

Me: "where are the soxtalk.com people"

WSI person: " I don't think they could get a ride from their parents"

Not sure if this is a common association but it was kind of bogus. They very much did seem like a cult.

QUOTE(valponick @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)

Not sure if this is a common association but it was kind of bogus.  They very much did seem like a cult.

The WSI people by me were jumping for every pop fly hit out of the infield. "COMMON" "STRETCH"....My only question was where did they want it to stretch to? Terrence Long?

QUOTE(valponick @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)

Not sure if this is a common association but it was kind of bogus.  They very much did seem like a cult.

I was there, sitting off to the side with a few friends of mine that are WSI peeps. At one point I yelled to the whole crowd over there to give a soxtalk cheer and was basically booed.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Sorry but that's golden

I post both places, why the description of the cult?

Eh...I would say mainly because of things like the name tags, their tendencies to repeat the same 3 lines from Major League time and again (I really used to love that movie), sing the same drinking song for every beer consumed (and trust me, there were many), and the way they would jump into the air screaming over any ball that a Sox player popped up. Don't get me wrong, there were some cool people that I met there from WSI, but I would say the most contributing factor that led me to this opinion was mainly caused by the age difference from WSI posters to Sox Talk posters. The younger ones tended to be the cooler ones, and well the older ones seemed to be trying to act young...But in the end we all have the same goal I guess. GO SOX! :gosox4: