**Official Core of the Core Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(valponick @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
haha, one comment I heard was this....

Me: "where are the soxtalk.com people"

WSI person: " I don't think they could get a ride from their parents"

Not sure if this is a common association but it was kind of bogus.  They very much did seem like a cult.

The average age of regular posters at WSI is much higher than the average age of the regular poster at SoxTalk.

It's kind of a stereotype of sorts.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
Watch out for WSI, that place will ban you for saying that el duque has aged and therefore might not be as good a postseason pitcher as he previously was.

They do have a cult, it is a cult of optimism. Heretics are burned.

You were absolutely ridiculous at wsi, I agree they've went to far but you deserved it imo.

I had a great time last night, dispite the outcome. I got to meet a few more people from both of the boards, and hang out with some cool old friends at the sametime. The rumor about many beers being consumed was very true, and there was a lot of noise that came out of our section in general.

The steal of home was absolutely electric, and I really thought that would be the straw to break KC, too bad I was wrong.

Also Jeff Bajenaru is one cool dude, gracious as always. He even chased off the big meanie security guard so that we could talk to him for a couple of minutes before the start of the game.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 07:25 AM)
I had a great time last night, dispite the outcome.  I got to meet a few more people from both of the boards, and hang out with some cool old friends at the sametime.  The rumor about many beers being consumed was very true, and there was a lot of noise that came out of our section in general.

The steal of home was absolutely electric, and I really thought that would be the straw to break KC, too bad I was wrong.

Also Jeff Bajenaru is one cool dude, gracious as always.  He even chased off the big meanie security guard so that we could talk to him for a couple of minutes before the start of the game.

I lost track of you after the patio thing. It was cool to meet you.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 08:08 AM)
I lost track of you after the patio thing.  It was cool to meet you.

Yeah we were down in the second row behind the pen, and we didn't see many people after the game started. With the wife 7 months pregnant there wasn't much moving around to do. And it was cool to meet you as well, hopefully we will see you at tailgates and the like from now on!

Brooks was above our seats by the beer stand offset to the right (I guess he knows where to find us) . It was funny because he was definately a lil bit drinky himself. He was dropping f-bombs like none other while still maintaining to keep his usual friendly and insightful composure. He was going nuts when Pablo stole home! Great guy...

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 12:12 PM)
Sounds like you guys and gals had fun.  I'm going do my best to make sure I'm out in Chicago next year when this event takes place.

Next year we are going to make sure to get a softball game together during the summer too. We had a lot of people interested, but most were away at school. The other option is to see if WSI wants to play against us, that way we only need half the people.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 09:14 AM)
Next year we are going to make sure to get a softball game together during the summer too.  We had a lot of people interested, but most were away at school.  The other option is to see if WSI wants to play against us, that way we only need half the people.

As long as you guys tell me the date and its in summer I'll be for sure there. I plan on a little longer trip out there as my break from the CPA studying I'll be doing before I start up with my firm at the beginning of September.

I guess that means we'll be able to see what Shawron Dunston (you) will be able to do at SS (ie you) :)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 11:14 AM)
Next year we are going to make sure to get a softball game together during the summer too.  We had a lot of people interested, but most were away at school.  The other option is to see if WSI wants to play against us, that way we only need half the people.

Does that mean I'll have to pick one side or the other?

QUOTE(CubsSuck1 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
You guys downed a few for sure. Then of course you had the lady neext to us in the patio bringing 10 back at a time. :o

LOL...yea that was quite the balancing act...I apologize for any outlandish and inebriated remarks made and do not in any way endorse ever consuming large amounts of alcohol in excess. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
I apologize for any outlandish and inebriated remarks made and do not in any way endorse ever consuming large amounts of alcohol in excess. :lolhitting

*This views and opinions expressed by this poster are not endorsed or reflected by Soxtalk.com or their employees. We do in fact encourage and endorse large amounts of alcohol consumption, and all of the results therein. We also encourage the bribery of Soxtalk.com officials by any means necesary, including the shameless purchase of alcohol for the therein mentioned parties. Thank you for your attention.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)

*This views and opinions expressed by this poster are not endorsed or reflected by Soxtalk.com or their employees.  We do in fact encourage and endorse large amounts of alcohol consumption, and all of the results therein.  We also encourage the bribery of Soxtalk.com officials by any means necesary, including the shameless purchase of alcohol for the therein mentioned parties.  Thank you for your attention.

:lolhitting :cheers :lolhitting

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)

*This views and opinions expressed by this poster are not endorsed or reflected by Soxtalk.com or their employees.  We do in fact encourage and endorse large amounts of alcohol consumption, and all of the results therein.  We also encourage the bribery of Soxtalk.com officials by any means necesary, including the shameless purchase of alcohol for the therein mentioned parties.  Thank you for your attention.

Amen.