Come on Guys

SouthSide2004

I understand that most of us our bummed by the way this team has been playing lately, but let's look at this thing realistically. We got 20 games left (all against the AL central who have our best record against), the Indians have 19. We have a 5 and 1/2 game lead in our division and a seven game lead in the wild card. We play the Indians 6 times, the Royals 3 times, the Twins 7 times and the Tigers 4 times. The Indians play the Royals and Devil Rays a combined 10 times, and also play the A's 3 times.

No doubt they have the better schedule, but c'mon now, whose position would you rather be in? The most important aspect of this year versus previous years is that we control our own destiny (by playing our challenger) with a lead. If we go 3-3 against the Indians and let's say 4-10 in our other games, the Indians would have to go 10-3 in their remaining games to beat us for the division. And do you really think we are going to go 4-10 against the Royals, Twins and Tigers? Now, I'm not saying we are definately going to make the playoffs, but there is no need to start "The season is over" threads after every lost.

QUOTE(SouthSide2004 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
No doubt they have the better schedule, but c'mon now, whose position would you rather be in?  The most important aspect of this year versus previous years is that we control our own destiny (by playing our challenger) with a lead.  If we go 3-3 against the Indians and let's say 4-10 in our other games, the Indians would have to go 10-3 in their remaining games to beat us for the division.  And do you really think we are going to go 4-10 against the Royals, Twins and Tigers?  Now, I'm not saying we are definately going to make the playoffs, but there is no need to start "The season is over" threads after every lost.

We've been saying this for a while now, we can go .500 the rest of the way and Cleveland would have to win a a .750 clip to pass us and everybody is happy but when it comes down to it, the Indians are currently the hottest team in baseball. They're not losing at all and yes I could see us going 4-10.

Let me start by saying that I can understand all the 'gangter-ization' in your avatar and sig, since you are from the mean streets of Northbrook. :D

Also, I don't think the sense of glood and doom comes from what is left on the schedule. Its seeing us completely whipped by a team we could play in the playoffs. Plus, knowing how well we have faired against other 'playoff' teams.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
Let me start by saying that I can understand all the 'gangter-ization' in your avatar and sig, since you are from the mean streets of Northbrook.  :D

Also, I don't think the sense of glood and doom comes from what is left on the schedule.  Its seeing us completely whipped by a team we could play in the playoffs.  Plus, knowing how well we have faired against other 'playoff' teams.

ROFLMFAO :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :puke :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

I had the EXACT same thought run through my head.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
Please.  With the threads.  Please.

Maybe--just a thought, here--we can make two, HUGE, ENORMOUS, ALL-ENCOMPASSING Soxtalk Optimism/Soxtalk Pessimism threads.

Don't make me start another thread...what title do you like....Tonyho7476 is standing on the ledge...or This team sucks, I'm moving to Boston?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
Maybe--just a thought, here--we can make two, HUGE, ENORMOUS, ALL-ENCOMPASSING Soxtalk Optimism/Soxtalk Pessimism threads.

that's every thread.

but yes, i agree, something needs to be done

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
Let me start by saying that I can understand all the 'gangter-ization' in your avatar and sig, since you are from the mean streets of Northbrook.  :D

Kids from priveleged areas all over emulate the gangsta culture. It's so sad, weak and pathetic. Let me drop him off on the West Side in some of the areas I worked alone and unarmed and see how long it will take for him to call for Mommy. Regarding the White Sox, they are 35-34 since July 1, 25-26 since July 19, and 13-16 since August 11. They don't look like they can beat much of anybody at this point, and if stories I'm hearing are true all that vaunted chemistry is no longer there either. If they can somehow remember what they did in April, May and June, and go out and do it again that would be great. It's time for the White Sox roller coaster to climb to the top once again.

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
Kids from priveleged areas all over emulate the gangsta culture. It's so sad, weak and pathetic. Let me drop him off on the West Side in some of the areas I worked alone and unarmed and see how long it will take for him to call for Mommy.

I realize...this hip-hop culture amongst white-suburbia is laughable.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
Hey, giving him s*** is one thing.  An extensive personal attack is another.  Nobody is immune from suspensions.

Extensive personal attack? I made a joke. And later I made a comment about society. Who cares, I drop it.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
Oh yeah, I'm the first person to go off on a tangent on this board.

Oh, I'm not posting blame. I just don't want anyone to attack the poster because he has rap images. Please, I've led many convo's off topic myself. :)

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
Oh, I'm not posting blame.  I just don't want anyone to attack the poster because he has rap images. Please, I've led many convo's off topic myself.  :)

I feel I have the right to attack, but no one is allowed to attack my Kristin Kreuk. Wasn't it Addison St or Kalapse who said she looks like a rat? For shame.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
I feel I have the right to attack, but no one is allowed to attack my Kristin Kreuk.  Wasn't it Addison St or Kalapse who said she looks like a rat?  For shame.

ROFL, but your lucky, you got a board owner who happens to agree with your taste on Kristin Kreuk :P

On 2nd though, I'm gonna go ban both of em, just cause i'm too lazy to look up which one of em said it :cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
ROFL, but your lucky, you got a board owner who happens to agree with your taste on Kristin Kreuk  :P

On 2nd though, I'm gonna go ban both of em, just cause i'm too lazy to look up which one of em said it  :cheers

Well, I'm not going to attack sigs anymore...but Mr. Dimaggio might not be too happy with yours. :D

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
I feel I have the right to attack, but no one is allowed to attack my Kristin Kreuk.  Wasn't it Addison St or Kalapse who said she looks like a rat?  For shame.

Not I.

Although, now that you mention it. She is rather mousey. :P

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
ROFL, but your lucky, you got a board owner who happens to agree with your taste on Kristin Kreuk  :P

On 2nd though, I'm gonna go ban both of em, just cause i'm too lazy to look up which one of em said it  :cheers

:o

I would never say Kristin Kreuk looks like a rat, she's a very attractive young lady. Now I'm getting banned... :crying