Soxfest 2006

IlliniKrush

I used the search funtion and found nothing...also checked the Sox website and found nothing, so i figured i'd post this. If there's a thread out there somewhere or this is old news, sorry.

During the game tonight DJ announced that Soxfest 2006 will take place Jan 27-29. Just thought i'd throw the date out there for those that need to plan things out way in advance. I think there was a number to call to start making reservations, but i wasn't really paying attention to the details, just the dates.

I'll be back at school at that time (last year soxfest fell on the last weekend of winter break), but i'm hoping to make it up from Champaign with Steve for the entire weekend.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
I'll be back at school at that time (last year soxfest fell on the last weekend of winter break), but i'm hoping to make it up from Champaign with Steve for the entire weekend.

what else will we have to do?

it should be a blast, especially if there are a few more fellow soxtalkers there this year. So me and keith won't get made fun of so often. :crying

This is all we've gotten so far.

SoxFest 2006 presented by U.S. Cellular – Jan. 27-29, 2006 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago

SoxFest 2006 presented by U.S. Cellular - Jan. 27-29, 2006 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago SoxFest, the White Sox annual fan gathering, returns to the Hyatt Regency Chicago during the last weekend of January. More details on the SoxFest Hotline, hotel reservations, daily passes and more are coming soon to whitesox.com.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:45 AM)
Ames to Chicago???? I've done that trip on three seperate occasions. It's far from a haul...plus its a very scenic drive

It is when you get lost in Chicago. :P

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:45 AM)
OK..  Hitchhike then.  ;)

This is almost southern Iowa I'm living in. Northern Iowa, maybe, but down south here they are a bit strange. Too close to Missourah.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:49 AM)
This is almost southern Iowa I'm living in. Northern Iowa, maybe, but down south here they are a bit strange. Too close to Missourah.

OK.. just start walking on 80 East around... Jan 18th or so.. call me when you hit the Illinois border and I'll come pick you up. :lol:

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:55 AM)
OK.. just start walking on 80 East around... Jan 18th or so.. call me when you hit the Illinois border and I'll come pick you up.  :lol:

I'll steal a nice bike here on campus. It's not like the weather will be too bad in mid January....

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 05:49 AM)
It is when you get lost in Chicago. :P

Oooh, I'm sorry. I lived (almost) in Iowa for 4 years. It sucks big time.