White Sox @ Royals 9/14 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
This is the type of game which can easily be the beginning of the end for a team.  This was one of the worst losses I can remember for the White Sox.

This is THE worst loss I've seen the White Sox play in. EVER.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
Garcia gives up 7 runs and Hermy ain't got it. Ozzie stays to long with pitchers that just don't have the stuff for the game

If Hermanson is the closer...you put Hermanson in and you give him the game to win or lose. I won't fault Ozzie on that one. It's a closer's job to be able to, you know, close games.

Garcia should never have come out for the 6th. You're right on that one. But Hermanson had the 9th, good or ill.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:17 AM)
Can I have a motion to get a certain pitcher who is in my sig who throws 100 in as the official closer before Mr. Badback does this s*** again.

This and El Duque in the rotation is going to f*** us.

I love how Shingo can lose his job so quickly early in the season yet Hermy can be having back troubles and not be very ready to go for like a month. I'm not saying Hermy sucks, however he shouldn't be out there if he isn't healthy.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
Excuse me?I think that Borchard deserves a start or three before the season ends

Your not excused. He's a fringy 26 year old piece of s*** that will always be a AAAA player that is a quarter back at heart and there are 5.6 million reasons why he's not out there and Dye is.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
This is the type of game which can easily be the beginning of the end for a team.  This was one of the worst losses I can remember for the White Sox.

Let's just hope we're not looking back on October 3rd and saying "Man if only we had won 1 more game". This would be an ideal one to point to.

Man, I almost don't want to read the posts here later. Thank God the game tomorrow is an early one.

All yr long, I've had faith in this team, I've stood up for them against the naysayers and bandwagoners, thinking they were just going through a slump....But losing a game like this to a team that's on pace for 100 losses, I can't do it anymore....Jermaine Dye has proven to be a decent hitter but my God, when it comes to fielding ground balls in the OF, I don't think I've seen anyone bobble as many as he has this season....I would rather see Time F'ing Perez in the 9th innings of games than Dye's stone hands out there....

QUOTE(Beastly @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:18 AM)
This is THE worst loss I've seen the White Sox play in. EVER.

The loss last year where Valentin dropped the foul ball against the Twins when the standings were much closer was a harder loss to take for me. Credit goes to Hawk, he didn't like the feel of the game all night.

Freddie sucked, Hermy sucked, so many guys sucked. We had a chance to get two more runs when Pods made the out.

We are playing bad baseball and if we don't win the division we deserve what we get.

Total national mockery and criticism.

I blame the players. Not Oz. Freddie was horses*** against a pathetic team.

This doesn't bode well cause now Jon and Mark will probably suck in their next starts also. Those 3 are the keys to our seasodn.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)
The loss last year where Valentin dropped the foul ball against the Twins when the standings were much closer was a harder loss to take for me.  Credit goes to Hawk, he didn't like the feel of the game all night.

That game you're referring to. That was against the Twins.

This is the f***ing Royals. The worst team in baseball.

A team we had a 5 run lead against. A team that had about 15 hits off of our "stellar" pitching.

:puke

We overachieved some early. We had chemistry.

It all is about our starting pitching. Our starting pitching SUCKS now.

And if it don't improve and we don't catch the ball, we're going to do the media a favor and let them forget the 69 Cubs and mock our Sox.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)
Is this the same Royals team that lost 18 or 19 in a row awhile back?  They certainly didn't play like it tonight.

They lost 19 in a row right after taking 2 of 3 from the Sox. This was a terrible loss. Tomorrow is a must win. This whole season is starting to unravel. Odds are still with the Sox, but losing a game like this can have some serious repercussions. 5 game lead.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)
The loss last year where Valentin dropped the foul ball against the Twins when the standings were much closer was a harder loss to take for me.  Credit goes to Hawk, he didn't like the feel of the game all night.

WHY is it that our starting pitching staff all of the sudden has been so DAMN TERRIBLE lately? Every single one of them! What is going on with them? They better wise up, wake up and start pitching like there's no tomorrow; otherwise, we will never see OUR postseason this year!

GOT 9 RUNS AND STILL LOST TO THE LOWLY ROYALS! :angry: