Ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:41 AM)
I know I know.  But I put my heart and soul into this team as I'm sure the rest of you do and when you see the team and the season falling apart in just rips your heart and soul out. 

Maybe I'll just donkey punch my wife instead.

Trust me, I've put so much time and energy into this team. Then, it hit me about 3 weeks ago that there's no reason to get too worked up about them. We're not talking about a once in a lifetime talented Sox team that if we don't win it all this year, we'll regret it for the rest of our lives. Look at our team...it's a solid bunch of players that have had a lot of pitchers have career years. Hey, we're still 5 games up. In the past, these choke jobs equated to the Sox being about 3 games behind the Twins.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:45 PM)
That is such bulls*** KW could get NO ONE but Blum, I did not say blockbuster just pieces to help and BLUM is not it.

yep, KW is awful.

he never does anything.

I'd be willing to bet KW has been the most active GM in free agents/trades in the entire MLB the past 3 years.

Yes, thinks haven't worked out perfectly, but he's f***ing trying and give him a break. We could always have a guy like hendry.....

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)
Trust me, I've put so much time and energy into this team.  Then, it hit me about 3 weeks ago that there's no reason to get too worked up about them.  We're not talking about a once in a lifetime talented Sox team that if we don't win it all this year, we'll regret it for the rest of our lives.  Look at our team...it's a solid bunch of players that have had a lot of pitchers have career years.  Hey, we're still 5 games up.  In the past, these choke jobs equated to the Sox being about 3 games behind the Twins.

Considering it's been been since 1917 that these rat bastards have won the Series and since 1959 since they have been in it, this might be a once in a lifetime. :lolhitting :huh: :crying

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
Considering it's been been since 1917 that these rat bastards have won the Series and since 1959 since they have been in it, this might be a once in a lifetime.  :lolhitting  :huh: :crying

With the way this team has played since aug. 1, they will be lucky to win 95 games at this point.

shoulda woulda coulda. we just flat out sucked. how the hell do we score 9 runs and bleepin lose? How pathetic. Garcia sucked, our defense sucked, Ozzie's managing skills have fallen out the window and Cleveland is on the verge of taking this division from our grasps. What the hell is it going to take to have these guys wake the hell UP!!!! WAKE UP!!! ITS OFFICIALLY A PENNANT RACE!! WAKE UP- WE ARE IN PANIC MODE!!! If we can't even beat the Royals- what should make us believe that we won't blow this 5 game lead? And we play the Indians 6 more times? Are you kidding me? Were pretty much doomed. And if we don't win tommorow- i am officially throwing in the towel. Seriously. What a freaking joke. I don't know how anyone can remain possitive on a nite like this. Excuse me guys- i have to go throw up now.

:puke

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
This is unf***ingreal.  I want to vent so much, but what's the f***ing point? Whatever.  If the team doesn't give a s***, why should I?  Why is it that we the fans seem to take this much harder than the team?

Because we actually care about what happens on the field........unlike so many of the players seem to.

I consider myself a rational, handsome individual, but this is becoming ridiculous. No one can longer assume we're going to the playoffs because "we've owned the central divison," or "we've owned the Cleveland Indians," or my favorite "If we play [winning %] the remainder of the season...."

Buehlre needs to establish himself as this teams ace tomorrow afternoon. NO EXCUSES. If you don't win tomorrow, and at the worst win the series in Minnesota, it will become a little more stressful (if possible) in Soxdom.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
shoulda woulda coulda. we just flat out sucked. how the hell do we score 9 runs and bleepin lose? How pathetic. Garcia sucked, our defense sucked, Ozzie's managing skills have fallen out the window and Cleveland is on the verge of taking this division from our grasps. What the hell is it going to take to have these guys wake the hell UP!!!! WAKE UP!!! ITS OFFICIALLY A PENNANT RACE!! WAKE UP- WE ARE IN PANIC MODE!!! If we can't even beat the Royals- what should make us believe that we won't blow this 5 game lead? And we play the Indians 6 more times? Are you kidding me? Were pretty much doomed. And if we don't win tommorow- i am officially throwing in the towel. Seriously. What a freaking joke. I don't know how anyone can remain possitive on a nite like this. Excuse me guys- i have to go throw up now.

:puke

Do you got an extra toliet i can use...

QUOTE(Hermanson32 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
If the Sox lose tomorrow it's just about over. Ozzie better go in the f***ing locker room and just throw a chair or something and absolutely let everyone have it. GET THEIR ATTENTION OZZIE! They are taking this lead they once had for granted and it's getting pathetic. The Sox owe their fans more than this.

I'm waitin for that too...it's bound to happen at some point. He's been fine when it's all been good...but if the Sox blow this lead...I look for Ozzie to EXPLODE!...which he should instead of suckin ass with these guys all the time and bein buddy-buddy. I'm ready for one of these...

http://www.moviewavs.com/0068546127/WAVS/M...am/lollygag.wav

Edited by Wanne

QUOTE(YASNY @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)
"Bail on this team"

"Why should we give a s***?"

"Anyone still gonna be a Sox fan?"

What a wonderful bunch of die-hard Sox fans! 

Sox fans my ass.

Post Of The Year

I will be a Sox fan and believe in this team until there isn't a breath left in me.

There magic number is 13 and Cleveland's is 23, let's be realistic.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 08:09 AM)
Post Of The Year

I will be a Sox fan and believe in this team until there isn't a breath left in me.

There magic number is 13 and Cleveland's is 23, let's be realistic.

Call me crazy- but todays game is a MUST WIN! With the Indians idle tonite, we need to make a strong statement. 5.5 we can breath, if it goes to 4.5 then you'll have Sox fans driving their cars off bridges.

Lets break it down. Yes our magic # is 13 and the Indians' is 23. But lets look at the remaining schedules:

We have 18 games left- The Indians have 16 games left-

1 @ KC 3 vs KC

3 @ Twins 3 @ Sox

3 vs Indians 4 @ KC

4 vs Twins 3 vs D-Rays

4 @ Tigers 3 vs Sox

3 @ Indians

The schedule is clearly in favor of the Indians. Esspecially with 7 games left w/ KC and 3 with the D-Rays. We control our own desitiny with the 6 final games vs Cleveland. And yes it will come down to the final series of the year. Sorry people who wanted the Sox to 'clinch' at home- it wont happen. We have to start worrying about getting to the playoffs before worrying about the playoffs. I am very scared at this moment. BUT i am not giving up on my favorite team in the world. I hope we win today, and i hope we can somehow take 2 of 3 @ Minny, because you know Cleveland will sweep KC. So it will probably down to 4.5 by the time we play Cleveland at home. Talk about BIGGGGGEESST HOME Series of the year.

WTF is going on? Last night I was at the bar celebrating a friends birthday and I look up and see the Sox are up 9-4 so I say cool another win. We head over to another bar where the only have 1 TV and the Scrubs game was on but I did not care because I figured the Sox had the game won, I ended up getting really drunk came home and passed out. Anyways for some strange reason I woke up at 4:30 this morning so I turned on the TV and the replay was on and it just started the bottom of the ninth and I turn it on right in time to watch Berroa's hit to end the game, I am still sitting here two hours later wondering how the f*** do you blow a five run lead to a AAA team (minus Mike Sweeney). This is it folks the Sox are not going to the playoffs the Indians just wont lose and the Sox just keep getting worse as the season comes to an end. I would feel better about the division lead if they were up more than Six games on Cleveland which is how many more times they play them. I just have that feeling we will be telling our kids and grandkids about the great collapse of 2005 just like my grandpa tells me about the Cubs in 1969.