Ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 06:22 AM)
In March, we would have all been cheering our asses off to be in the position we are in.  We're on top, yes starting to look back, but it's better then Cleveland's position, IMO.

We have to have faith... even if the possibility exists that we don't make it.

Its true...if you said back in March that the Sox would have a 5 game lead in the central on Sept 15th, I would be ecstatic....but the issue is watching their abysmal play lately.

Sox make Tony sad :crying

MERCY!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:36 AM)
"Bail on this team"

"Why should we give a s***?"

"Anyone still gonna be a Sox fan?"

What a wonderful bunch of die-hard Sox fans! 

Sox fans my ass.

Thanks for letting me know I am not a Sox fan. I guess I should be happy and dancing around that they are choking and looking completely listless on the field. :rolly

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 07:22 AM)
In March, we would have all been cheering our asses off to be in the position we are in.  We're on top, yes starting to look back, but it's better then Cleveland's position, IMO.

The problem is that it's not 6 months ago. I don't care what I expected in March because this division should've been put away a while ago.

Is that gonna be the attitude when they blow this division or barely make the playoffs and get destroyed in the first round? Oh, well...we didn't even expect to get that far. No, the attitude should be "omg, I can't believe we fell apart that quickly. When is this team gonna stop sucking?"

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
The problem is that it's not 6 months ago.  I don't care what I expected in March because this division should've been put away a while ago.

Is that gonna be the attitude when they blow this division or barely make the playoffs and get destroyed in the first round?  Oh, well...we didn't even expect to get that far.  No, the attitude should be "omg, I can't believe we fell apart that quickly.  When is this team gonna stop sucking?"

Why the hell are we even fans then? So we can piss all over them and talk about how we were right in worrying about them falling apart?

We're fans so we can be PROUD that they're choking, all for the sake of "being right"?

Wow.

I understand the elephants aren't crapping rose petals at the Sox player's feet right now, but damn... let's hope they can regroup here. I'm not bailing, and yes I'll be disappointed if they lose this thing. But it certainly represents the point that we were waaaaaaaaaaaay too arrogant about two months ago, doesn't it?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
Why the hell are we even fans then?  So we can piss all over them and talk about how we were right in worrying about them falling apart?

We're fans so we can be PROUD that they're choking, all for the sake of "being right"?

Wow.

I understand the elephants aren't crapping rose petals at the Sox player's feet right now,  but damn... let's hope they can regroup here. I'm not bailing, and yes I'll be disappointed if they lose this thing.  But it certainly represents the point that we were waaaaaaaaaaaay too arrogant about two months ago, doesn't it?

You put so many words into my mouth that I'm just going to ignore most of it. This team is choking, and there's no way to spin it and make it seem rosy. They're choking away a huge division lead, they can't beat good teams, and they're ice cold when it really matters. They haven't won a WS since 1917. Quit telling us we can't be mad at these losers for repeatedly letting its fanbase down year in and year out. This team is the second worst franchise in the history of baseball, but we can't be angry at them for teasing us again? No, I'll be just as angry as I please. And if you don't think I'm a "fan" because of it, then I'll just let you believe that and I'll be with the 90% of Sox fans that feels exactly the way I feel right now.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 08:40 AM)
Thanks for letting me know I am not a Sox fan.  I guess I should be happy and dancing around that they are choking and looking completely listless on the field. :rolly

Good to know the "overally optimistic" and "ridiculously pessimistic" battle lines have been drawn. Regardless of where you truly stand, we will all be herded into one side or the other.

When you're life is insanely White Sox and you witness them blowing a 15 game lead, which has not happened yet, I know...is you're reaction not going to be one of utter dismay? But does that make anyone any less of a fan? Blind optimism and 'doom and gloom' are both equally wrong stances to take right now...watch the games, cheer them on, cuss them out, act like you always do...

Odds of this post getting a response: 3% :huh:

I dont understand. We lost last night, but it wasnt like the team folded and got goose-egged. We put up some runs, Freddy looked terrible. And its clear that Hermy is not the answer as our closer with his back like that. Bobby would have closed that one out no problem. WE go out today, get a win. And from here out, Hermy gets rest.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 05:22 AM)

We have to have faith... even if the possibility exists that we don't make it.

Kap if we were looking from March sure a 5 game lead would look sexy. But If I was to tell you that we would be 15 up on that team and then go into a nose dive in August and September and the lead would be 5 after a loss to the Royals. You might not be so happy with that.

If they were losing a tough battle its one thing, but we are giving games away. That is what gets the frustration levels going.

If anyone else didnt sense a blown save last night, you werent watching the game. I called it before Hermy got out there.

It has become obvious he is not the same pitcher as he was early. The team really played pretty good last night. Some defensive blunders, but 9 runs for our offense is good. Not only that, but we were getting some clutch 2 out hits.

Im still pissed Ozzie left Freddy in for that final inning. All of the momentum swung in that inning, Cliffy and Luis gave us a 2 inning reprieve, but the momentum had already shifted.

I like how Ozzie trusts his pitchers, but sometimes he has to call it like it is being shown, not how he wants to see it. Last night Freddy had no business being in the game past the 4th inning, much less the 5th.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 09:21 AM)
Im still pissed Ozzie left Freddy in for that final inning. All of the momentum swung in that inning, Cliffy and Luis gave us a 2 inning reprieve, but the momentum had already shifted.

I like how Ozzie trusts his pitchers, but sometimes he has to call it like it is being shown, not how he wants to see it. Last night Freddy had no business being in the game past the 4th inning, much less the 5th.

you are correct. i was saying the same things to my TV. It was obvious he had nothing going for him last night. And Ozzie went with his family, which is the incorrect decision.

Guys, I realize we didn't play our best last night, and yes I was pissed too, but realize that doesn't mean anything. We bounced back for a bad losing streak and everything else. It's not like we never lose to the Royals at all. Even teh worst team in baseball wins sometimes. Just look at how the Yanks always get pwned by Tampa Bay! You have to lose some. Don't get in this depressive mode abut "we aren't going to make it" just becuase we played 1 bad game. We still are the bestteam in the AL and I still dont see a problem with the division title(knock on wood). The Indians may be winning a lot, but keep in mind we've OWNED them this year. Don't get dragged into that same old crap. Just remember what the Yanks have done and realize anything can happen. Don't think otherwise just becuase of the way the Sox have been in the past. Things change.

Keep the positivity. Otherwise, how do we expect the Sox to?

Edited by TheBigHurt

Ok perhaps I said that wrong. My point is, just becuase of their PAST, we the fans always expect the worst. Things can change at any time. As I said, remember what the Yanks have done in the past. Like I said, at this point, why worry about the Indians? We've OWNED them thi year, and may I say, that's something we haven't done much in the past, and that tells you soemthing, whether we still make mistakes, we are a much better team this year than many before.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 12:39 AM)
what's the point?  if we do manage to hold off the Indians (doubtful) We will be 1 and done in the playoffs just like 2000.

And we can just sit here right now, and say with 100% certainity that that is certainly going to happen if we make the playoffs?

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 08:40 AM)
Thanks for letting me know I am not a Sox fan.  I guess I should be happy and dancing around that they are choking and looking completely listless on the field. :rolly

No one said you or anyone else should be happy about the way they are playing. But if one of those quotes are yours, well ... if the shoe fits, then by all means, wear it.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 08:00 AM)
Correction, we have the best record.  We certainly aren't the best team right now.

Exactly!! There's three things that I'm getting tired of seeing people post. One of them is that "best team" crap. The Sox are not the best team.

Another is "back in March wouldn't you have like to known that on Sept. 14 the Sox would be in 1st place by 5 games?". Well of course. But that doesn't take into consideration the enormous slide this team has taken. If back in March I would have known the Sox would be 20-21 since Aug. 1st that doesn't bode well for any post season play.

The other thing is "we've owned Cleveland this year". Yeah. That was then, this is now.

I'm still hopeful as hell and I think the Sox can pull this off but I'm worried and way less optimistic.

:gosox3: We need one of these guys holding a Sox flag with a worried look on his face.

I'm certainly not going to bail on the team--what fan does that when we're still technically in it--but I am pretty disappointed in the team and the way they've played the last two months.

The errors have been costly, yes, but what really has been sucking--offense or not--has been the starters. All of them except Contreras, amazingly. That was the cornerstone of this "new" team and they have been a letdown 2nd half.

And they just seem so blase about it, which amazes me. Or: where's Don Cooper when all this is going on? I realize he can't pitch for them, but it's like they start to founder and we wait painfully long before Ozzie goes to the mound or anybody does anything.

Yes we still have the best record but the playing has been embarassing. It's like a different team from the first half, with its mojo removed.

But it's not over yet; who knows what will happen? It's just really hard to watch.

Go Sox.