Official Game Thread, Sox vs. Royals, 9/15/05

Balta1701

Well, after what just happened...I figured it wouldn't hurt to get the game thread open for tomorrow...just to give us something to get the taste of Wednesday's game out of our mouths.

Mark. Simple message. You want to be an ace? You want to be a number 1 starter? Tomorrow's your day to be one.

After a night like tonight...we are in desperate need of a win. Mark, we need you. Please. I'm almost begging you. Go get those bastards.

:gosox1: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox1:

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow is the biggest f***ing game of the year. We lose tomorrow... and man...

It's getting harder and harder to stick behind this team. Buehrle needs to win tomorrow. The Sox need to win tomorrow. The Sox need to win tomorrow...

I'm so pissed right now, as you can probably tell.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:37 PM)
If you are a so called "ace"  You will show it tomorrow.

No funny similies or icons or anything like that.  Just win the f***ing game.

You call yourself an All-Star pitcher.  Prove it.

yes. no bulls*** excuses. no lights on teh scoreboard. go out prove you are a number one pitcher. prove you can start game one of the playoffs. for christs sake its the royals, theres no easier team to beat. MB step up, for the sanity of everyone on this board

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
I just hope that Dye isn't the scapegoat, and that Ozzie will keep him in the lineup. Go with our 9 person core, and let them dictate how their season goes from tonight.

im predicting ozzie will go with.....

Timo

willie

konerko

everett

rowand

uribe

anderson

widger

blum

Not one bench player should be starting tomorrow.

No Timo

No Widger

No Ozuna

Guillen, you've rested your players continually throughout the season, and until recently, it was justified with our stellar record. Now, we're in a tight division race and need our starters on the field and not sulking on the bench.

Buehlre needs to do his part as well. I just won't tolerate a loss tomorrow. Whether or not we're up against Greinke this team better f***ing win.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Maybe if I post a little different than usual we might catch more luck.

We have our ace going tomorrow vs their young talent. Score some runs and show us fans you haven't forgot about us and about the division title. We need you Mark, give us a ace-like effort. :gosox1:

-on a side note...bring back the Crede banner??? lol, what was our record with it?-

Dear Mark,

You know how ol’ Hawk incessantly compares you to Jim “Catfish” Hunter? Well, when Catfish first came up with the Kansas City A’s, there was a saying in his locker: “Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to is.”

It’s looked to me lately that you and your buddies hardly even WANT to put forth the effort required to win.

Just remember today: even if KC steals your signs; if one of their pitchers doctors the ball; if the low numbers of Sox fans in attendance don't meet your expectations – even so, you boys should STILL beat the lowly A’s like a drum. So no more complaints - just do it already!

Best regards,

Mercy

:gosox1:

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 12:54 AM)
Dear Mark,

You know how ol’ Hawk incessantly compares you to Jim “Catfish” Hunter?  Well, when Catfish first came up with the Kansas City A’s, there was a saying in his locker:  “Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to is.”

It’s looked to me lately that you and your buddies hardly even WANT to put forth the effort required to win. 

Just remember today:  even if KC steals your signs; if one of their pitchers doctors the ball; if the low numbers of Sox fans in attendance don't meet your expectations – even so, you boys should STILL beat the lowly A’s like a drum.  So no more complaints - just do it already!

Best regards,

Mercy

:gosox1:

Dear Mercy,

The A's no longer play in Kansas City.  They moved to Oakland a few decades ago and have since been replaced in Kansas City by the Royals.

Sincerely,

YASNY

Edited by YASNY

Dear Mercy,

The A's no longer play in Kansas City.  They moved to Oakland a few decades ago and have since been replaced in Kansas City by the Royals.

Sincerely,

YASNY

Dear Mr. Serling,

Uh-oh! Does that mean that Catfish’s KC locker never really existed then? Or that the three years he played in Kansas City were actually a sort of parallel-universe Oakland?

Does that mean that when I rooted for the Washington Senators, Frank Howard never actually existed after the team moved to Texas? And how can the Nationals really be in the National League if they're playing in RFK Stadium? I'm afraid my head's going to explode!

Never mind. I gotta go hitch a ride on that turnip truck down yonder, the one marked, Twilight Zone.

Dazed and Confused,

Mercy

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
Dear Mr. Serling,

Uh-oh!  Does that mean that Catfish’s KC locker never really existed then?  Or that the three years he played in Kansas City were actually a sort of parallel-universe Oakland?

Does that mean that when I rooted for the Washington Senators, Frank Howard never actually existed after the team moved to Texas?  And how can the Nationals really be in the National League if they're playing in RFK Stadium?  I'm afraid my head's going to explode!

Never mind.  I gotta go hitch a ride on that turnip truck down yonder, the one marked, Twilight Zone.

Dazed and Confused,

Mercy

Damn.

HIZZ-OWNED.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)
Not one bench player should be starting tomorrow.

No Timo

No Widger

No Ozuna

Guillen, you've rested your players continually throughout the season, and until recently, it was justified with our stellar record. Now, we're in a tight division race and need our starters on the field and not sulking on the bench.

Buehlre needs to do his part as well. I just won't tolerate a loss tomorrow. Whether or not we're up against Greinke this team better f***ing win.

I agree on the lineup. Ozzie has been good resting his key players this year, despite complaints from those who didn't understand how long the season is. But now, it's getting tight, and it's time to hit it hard. No Timo, No Widger.

Maybe Ozuna, though. I sometimes think he's better in the lineup than Crede.

Buerhle and the starters versus 16-loss (corrected) Grienke. I hope we destroy them.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :chair :chair :chair

Edited by NorthSideSox72