Torii Hunter Thinks He'll Be Traded

aboz56

QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
I think that after next year, we can forget about the Twins and focus more on the Indians.. again.

I don't think that, with the pitching the Twinkies have throughout their organization, they're going to be out of our hair for a long time.

Also, Mauer and Morneau are simply going to keep getting better too, and they're going to be up north for quite a while. But that pitching staff is going to carry them to at least .500 for a long time.

The question will be...how many other holes out there will they be able to plug in their lineup?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
Damnit, only if we could get him. He'll probably be dealt to Boston since I don't think Boston is going to resign Damon or maybe even the Yankees who are feenin' for a CF.

There is no doubt in my mind that Hunter will land either with the Yankees, Red Sox, or Cubs.

The Twins got their closer for atleast a couple more years, one of their top prospects in Liriano, and another solid prospect in Boof Bonser...the last 2 both being SP's...for AJP, who was out of San Fran after one season. They got Carlos Silva and Joe Roa for Eric Milton, who was out of Philly after - you guessed it - one season.

I have looked for the Twins to trade Hunter for a year or 2 now. Making $8-10 mill a year, while putting up .270 25 80 25 .800 type years, is not worth half that, and I would say that his defense makes up the other half of what me makes yearly.

If he goes to Chicago, I'm sure you'd look for Patterson, and like 2 other solid as players too to be involved...and then Patterson will turn into f***in Ken Griffey Jr part deux for Minnesota.

Why would you guys want to trade for an average hitter who has missed time over the last two seasons, and has played in only 98 games this season with a season-ending ankle injury. Oh, and he's making $8 million a year. Why? For his defense? Just because he looks good on offense against us at times, doesn't mean he'll be a good offensive player when he's with us ... he'll need to have some offense and stay healthy in order to be worth $8 million and whatever we have to trade to get him in my opinion.

QUOTE(whitesoxgt @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
Hunter in Center, Rowand in Left and Pods in Right, and have Anderson as the DH . i dont think anybody likes Everett and if u do theres something wrong with you. :chimp

Podsednik in right over rowand is beyond laughable.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
If he goes to Chicago, I'm sure you'd look for Patterson, and like 2 other solid as players too to be involved...and then Patterson will turn into f***in Ken Griffey Jr part deux for Minnesota.

Please God let the Twins decide they're the ones who can make something out of K-orey.

QUOTE(whitesoxgt @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
Hunter in Center, Rowand in Left and Pods in Right, and have Anderson as the DH . i dont think anybody likes Everett and if u do theres something wrong with you. :chimp

You seem to have a vendetta against Everett. Did he hurt your feelings or something?