Everett and Crede make this team weaker

whitesoxgt

no disrespect to Aaron Rowand, hes my favorite player but hes more dangerous than Everett and Crede put together. idk why ozzie sticks with Everett if the old man cant even run or hit. Why not put Brian Anderson in, ive always said he wont play rookies cuz "they have no experience" wow they cant do worse than what crede and everett are doing, can they? :pray :uhoh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
Crede has been playing well since returning from injury.  Therefore, this post doesn't make much sense as it concerns Joe.

Thanks, but haven't u guys noticed that its not the first good streak Crede's been in, hes gonna get worse as time progresses and have u also noticed how we haven't won ever since he got back from the DL? we were doing good when he was on the DL

QUOTE(whitesoxgt @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
Thanks, but haven't u guys noticed that its not the first good streak Crede's been in, hes gonna get worse as time progresses and have u also noticed how we haven't won ever since he got back from the DL? we were doing good when he was on the DL

Tuesday's game doesn't count?

I definitely agree with your assessment of carl but your view on Crede is crazy. He is killing the ball right now. Our losing is not because of crede. It could be, however, because of carl. Please sit him for a couple of days and at least give someone else a shot like Anderson or, gulp, Borchard (Who is hitting 1.000). Lets just see some one other than the old man who can't run and recently has not been hitting.

Edited by SoxPhan7

Joe Crede is the least of our problems. Everett on the other hand....

Tale of the videotape a good one for Crede

Third baseman uses time on disabled list to patch swing together

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A 15-day stint on the disabled list did as much for Joe Crede's hitting as it did for his aching back and fractured right middle finger.

Crede used the time to find ways to snap out of an 0-for-21 slump. Watching videotapes from his 2002 and '03 seasons helped provide the solution.

Crede extended his hitting streak to five games with a double and a single Thursday in the Sox's 7-5 loss to the Royals. In that stretch, he has gone 8-for-16 with four doubles.

"I looked at some positive tapes, looked at what I was doing," Crede said. "I quieted my stance, raised my hands up and tried to keep it quiet and simple."

Crede batted .285 with 12 home runs and 35 RBIs in only 200 at-bats in 2002, and he hit .261 with 19 homers and a career-high 75 RBIs in 2003. Crede said his lower-back pain isn't as sharp as it was in July, when he learned he has a herniated disc.

"It's really not that big of an issue right now," Crede said.

Hitting coach Greg Walker believes going on the disabled list gave Crede "a chance to catch his breath again. When he went back to watching the tapes, he realized that he's pretty good."

Since coming off the DL, Crede has raised his batting average from .232 to .244. The Sox hope Crede and teammate Juan Uribe can continue to provide production at the bottom of the order after struggling through the first five months of the season.

"This is something he can hang his hat on," Walker said. "His downs got a little too deep sometimes."

you do know our rotation has been very mediocre over the last month, right?

no position player right now is responsible for the Sox's recent struggles. it all falls on Mark Buehrle, Freddy Garcia and Jon Garland.

QUOTE(Molto @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
it all falls on Mark Buehrle, Freddy Garcia and Jon Garland.

I wouldn't go that far.

I'd blame it partly on our manager who has overused our starting pitchers the entire season. His unwillingness to remove these guys in situations where they needed to be pulled and use the bullpen is sickening. He is the worst at managing a bullpen and a pitching staff that I have seen. Two of our best assets in the pen, Cotts and Jenks, are underused big time.

QUOTE(Molto @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)

no position player right now is responsible for the Sox's recent struggles. it all falls on Mark Buehrle, Freddy Garcia and Jon Garland.

And Mark Buehrle, Freddy Garcia and Jon Garland made the rest of the team lose all ability to run bases how exactly...? :)

QUOTE(Molto @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)

I don't like to point fingers at one or two players and blame them for our ills, but I have to admit the so called satff aces have really fallen short the last 2 weeks or so. I don't think Crede is our problem and even when he doesn't hit that glove of his is gold.

As bad or inconsistent as the offense has been, this team has won OR lost because of it's starting pitching all season.

If you're going to question the White Sox offense, my first criticism has to be they don't have a #3 hitter. If they had a classic #3 hitter, this lineup would be a lot better.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
I don't like to point fingers at one or two players and blame them for our ills, but I have to admit the so called satff aces have really fallen short the last 2 weeks or so. I don't think Crede is our problem and even when he doesn't hit that glove of his is gold.

Actually, his glove hasn't been all that golden of late either. Not awful, but certainly not jaw-droppingly golden.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
And Mark Buehrle, Freddy Garcia and Jon Garland made the rest of the team lose all ability to run bases how exactly...?  :)

Is the inability to run the bases more important than the three top pitchers of the Sox not performing? when you're pitchers are giving up 5-6 runs in 5-6 innings, you shouldn't count on wins consistently.

This team as a whole has struggled, but a team that is built on pitching can't have your three best pitchers pitching the way they have been.

I don't buy completely the whole overused crap either. Buehrle hasn't been pitching good because he hasn't been pitching good. he's tipping his pitches and needs to work out his mechanics a bit. Also, it isn't like Buehrle has helped himself throughout the year by giving up a lot of hits, when he was pitching good or bad. Garland hasn't been throwing inside and Garcia has just struggled. None of them look like they are tired to me though.

Don't get me wrong, I like Buehrle, Garcia and Garland (if it weren't for them, the Sox wouldn't have built that huge lead, but they are the ones who haven't been stepping up and getting the job done, especially Buehrle, the team ace. This whole team is at fault, but if any group of players should be blamed for the team's struggles, it should be these three.

I fully agree the top of the rotation needs to turn up the intensity and turn down the suck. It was just the "all falls on" Mark, Freddy, and Jon that elicited the response tnat there's plenty of blame to go around.

But I agree completely with your assessment that the underwhelming performances by the Big Three in the second half makes for a hard hole to dig out of.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 06:08 AM)
After tonight, Joe Crede's 10 for 19 with a homer and 4 doubles since coming off the DL. He's trying to do what he can to save a spot for next season.

I don't know if I want Crede back next year (scratch that -- I don't want Crede back next year), but I think this team is better with him at the hot corner, rather than Blum/Ozuna. I don't appreciate his defense enough... He goes to his left extremely well. Down the line, to his right, I don't think his range is that great, but he makes plays to his left that a shortstop is usually supposed to make.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
I don't know if I want Crede back next year (scratch that -- I don't want Crede back next year), but I think this team is better with him at the hot corner, rather than Blum/Ozuna.  I don't appreciate his defense enough...  He goes to his left extremely well.  Down the line, to his right, I don't think his range is that great, but he makes plays to his left that a shortstop is usually supposed to make.

Oh yeah, got no problems with his defense whatsoever. It just comes down to how he contributes to this team offensively. I've been of the view the past few weeks, get Bill Mueller for the #2 hole, then Iguchi can move down. And there are other options, Nomar has said he could play at third.

Right now, I'd put it at 50-50 for Crede coming back for next season. If he changes agents like Juan Uribe did, make that 60-40.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 01:25 AM)
I don't know if I want Crede back next year (scratch that -- I don't want Crede back next year), but I think this team is better with him at the hot corner, rather than Blum/Ozuna.  I don't appreciate his defense enough...  He goes to his left extremely well.  Down the line, to his right, I don't think his range is that great, but he makes plays to his left that a shortstop is usually supposed to make.

I've grown to appreciate his defense more this year...perhaps he has just improved defensively this year and I noticed.

I always thought he was quite overrated defensively in past year...good glove, no range. This year, I see different...I see him being able to get to several balls, I see him making solid plays, I see a very strong, accurate arm...top 3 defensively in the AL, probably