Cleveland vs. Chicago 09/21/05 7:05PM CT

S720

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sox fail to reach the postseason I expect blame to be distributed throughout the organizaton. Guillen's managerial tactics, Williams absence of midseason trades, season extending offensive woes, and our starting pitching failing down the stretch will all be thoroughly discussed and attributed to any further collapse.

My first concern this offseason is upgrading this offense. If we're placing immunity on Ozzie and Williams (which appears to be clear throughout Soxtalk) because "players decide the games," well, it's only fitting to revamp a lineup comprised of inconsistent choke artists. You blame the players? It's up to management to fix it.

Honestly, whether this team falls short or celebrates a World Series I'm not anticipating another year of this shoddy lineup. Sure, Williams and his coherts may suggest "How can you break up a lineup which won a World Series." Or "How can you break up a team that won 95+ games." Concern lies on our pitching mimmicking its success of this year and the possibility of our lineup continuing to struggle. I realize both are mutually exclusive, and it's quite possible both may improve, but it this likely? Cleveland may be ready for another run at the division. No time to be content with mediocrity because of the "weak" American League Central.

Damn, this offseason would be a good opportunity to showcase some of our up-and-coming talent!!!!! Wouldn't it be nice for once every four years not to worry about a position occupied by a struggling or FA bound player because a replacement was waiting in the wings? Sure would.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)
Sox fail to reach the postseason I expect blame to be distributed throughout the organizaton. Guillen's managerial tactics, Williams absence of midseason trades, season extending offensive woes, and our starting pitching failing down the stretch will all be throughly discussed and attributed to any further collapse.

My first concern this offseason is upgrading this offense. If we're placing immunity on Ozzie and Williams (which appears to be clear throughout Soxtalk) because "players decide the games," well, it's only fitting to revamp a lineup comprised of inconsistent choke artists. You blame the players? It's up to management to fix it.

Honestly, whether this team falls short or celebrates a World Series I'm not anticipating another year of this shoddy lineup. Sure, Williams and his coherts may suggest "How can you break up a lineup which won a World Series." Or "How can you break up a team that won 95+ games." Concern lies on our pitching mimmicking its success of this year, and our lineup continuing to struggle. I realize both are mutually exclusive, and it's quite possible both may improve, but it this likely? Cleveland may be ready for another run at the division. No time to be content with mediocrity because of the "weak" American League Central.

Damn, this should would be a good opportunity to showcase some of our up-and-coming talent!!!!! Wouldn't it be nice for once every four years not to worry about a position occupied by a struggling or FA bound player because a replacement was waiting in the wings? Sure would.

Coming to the final end.

We are 11th out of 14 teams in the AL in BA .263, the royals are just below us at .262. Last year we hit 268 as a team with maggs and thomas out for half the year.

We are 12th in the AL in hits. We are last in doubles(the line drive stat).

And 12th in the AL in OBP. We are 11th in the league in taking walks.

But shockingly we are 4th in homers in the AL. We will hit 200 again. Which seems impossible after removing so much power.

What does this add up to, an impatient power swinging team that strikes out a lot and makes little contact. When they do make contact it goes a far way.

A far cry from the ozzie ball we were told about.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
I'm not going to scour through 60+ pages, what are everyones thoughts on Ozzie not getting Marte up in time to pull Garland in the Hafner at-bat?

I think that in general we were pretty unhappy about the fac tthat Ozzie left Garland in with 105 pitches, but most of us didn't want Marte in with 2 men on.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
Is it me, or do the Sox give up a lot of insurance runs in the 8th inning compared to the amount of insurance runs they get in close games?

Is it just me, or did the team that was scoring so many 1st inning runs earlier in the season suddenly forget how to score before the other team?

After settling down after last nights massacre, its not looking too f***ing good. You would think that the Sox, coming off the most emotional game of the year would come out guns blazing and stick it down the indians throats, but nope, once again they decide to hit pop ups all day.

I dont know if this team can be motivated anymore. What else can motivate them? They just look flat, they are waiting for th home run, while their opp. are hitting the s*** off of the ball.

Maybe the Sox should close the upper deck, cause every time they have a packed house, they decide to play like s***.

Im back on the ledge farmio, and it looks like I'll be on here a while.