Twins vs White Sox 9-22 Official Gamethread

southsideirish71

MAKE THE TWINKEES EAT s***

We cant hit Santana, and the twinks can hit either.

Lets shock the world and beat this f***ing lefty.

ITS TIME FOR LUCK OF THE IRISH MR. MCCARTHY

Its green for shamrock shake luck. Not for sarcasm.

uncleo.jpg

T520050317094622910.jpg

Edited by southsideirish71

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MIN: LHP Johan Santana

• 14-7, 3.05 ERA in 2005

• 4-0, 0.86 ERA vs. CWS in 2005

276371.jpg

vs

CWS: RHP Brandon McCarthy

• 2-1, 4.72 ERA in 2005

• 0-0, 3.00 ERA vs. MIN

435221.jpg

Yeah we are definitely in trouble for this game. Better hope BMac can keep up with him and better hope our guys can work the counts to get him out of there asap! But the way i see it- if we can make Elarton look like Cy young- the 'REAL' Cy Young is going ot once again dominate us. But i'm praying for the best. :pray

But i do believe in miracles and i think we can win. Just need to squeeze out 1 or 2 runs against him somehow.

You would figure we could score a few runs by happenstance tonight. We couldn't score last night, we didn't score against Johan his last two starts so.......I think i'm just being overally optimistic. Probably bad news for all of us.

And SSI you have officially lost it, Shamrock shakes? :P :bang

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 07:33 AM)
You would figure we could score a few runs by happenstance tonight. We couldn't score last night, we didn't score against Johan his last two starts so.......I think i'm just being overally optimistic. Probably bad news for all of us.

And SSI you have officially lost it, Shamrock shakes?  :P  :bang

With 40% of the soxtalk population posting with a f***ing rally monkey with joe credes picture on it, my shamrock shake still has more sanity to it. Rally Cruddy. LOL

I am going with a new approach tonight. Our hitters should close their eyes and just throw the bat out there. There is like a 1% chance of the bat just hitting the ball. It might be the break we need.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 07:54 AM)
Not to worry. We're in first. We're the best team in the AL. We have been the best team since April. Ozzie is a genius. We play great small ball.

LMAO@ Your avatar. I think I have posted that pic a few times in a game thread recently.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 08:56 AM)
LMAO@ Your avatar.    I think I have posted that pic a few times in a game thread recently.

No Suprise there...

cough *pic whore* cough

So is my avatar better now? I should've known better than to put a monkey in there for two reasons. 1. It probably doesn't work. 2. If it did, my involvement completely removed any of its mystical powers.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
Here's a thought on how to beat Santana:

Pods bunts for a single. He steals second. Iguchi sacrifices him to third. Carl hits a sacrifice fly. Sox lead 1-0.

Call me crazy, but if you want to beat Santana, you'd better start playing "ozzie" ball again.

Pods is hurting. He is stretching his groin a lot when he's playing the field and has a little limp when he is jogging. I really can't see him stealing consistently, and if he's not, you must move him out of the lead off spot.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:10 AM)
Pods is hurting. He is stretching his groin a lot when he's playing the field and has a little limp when he is jogging. I really can't see him stealing consistently, and if he's not, you must move him out of the lead off spot.

Who else do we have that we can put in there?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)

Hence the reason Pods is in there while 75 or 80% tops. It is completely obvious that he can't run, but he is still getting on base, which makes him better than any other options we have.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
Hence the reason Pods is in there while 75 or 80% tops.  It is completely obvious that he can't run, but he is still getting on base, which makes him better than any other options we have.

He's getting on base, but he's negating a lot of the OBP by continuing to make outs on the bases. Since his defense is poor and he's not going to drive in runs for you, he's no better than a minimal offensive contributor. It's too bad that we haven't had a minor leaguer contribute when they come into the major leagues in a long time.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)

You can leave him in there, but he shouldn't be leading off. The Sox need someone leading off who may be able to produce runs. Go back to a couple of guys who did lead off last year a few times if necessary. Rowand or Uribe should lead off tonight. My preference would be Uribe. He's been taking pitches and might lay into one. It would be better if he had one more at bat than Pods tonight rather than the other way around.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
He's getting on base, but he's negating a lot of the OBP by continuing to make outs on the bases.  Since his defense is poor and he's not going to drive in runs for you, he's no better than a minimal offensive contributor.  It's too bad that we haven't had a minor leaguer contribute when they come into the major leagues in a long time.

Pods also has cost us some games in the field. CAn I ask anyone with 2 men on in the 7th on one or two outs pods with his 23 rbis is the scheduled hitter do you pinch hit him? we have McCarthy who has pitched well but Ozzie wants to go with EL duque. Anderson won that game for us at Seattle do we see him get another chance. THe line up Ozzie has going tonite will be the same as he always has.. GLoad, for instance would probably hit Santana better than Paulie will hestart at first and have Konerko DH. Willl Carl star in right Carl is better hitting from the right side. How can you expect a different result if you do the same thing every time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!