9-28 Game Thread

Heads22

The right man for the job is on the mound.

Offense: If you are going to be getting these gifts called walks, take advantage. Stranding 12 men last night? How about a sacrifice fly, or better yet a clutch hit! I'm tired of this s***!

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need this one tonight. Jason Grilli pitching for Tigers tomorrow. As a former member of the Sox, you know he will pitch a gem. Also, not sure if Freddy considers it a big game. Has anyone heard?

The game in KC wasn't big enough for him, but the Minny game was. Hard to tell what he will think about tomorrow afternoon. But he pitches well on the road during the day, right? Except when it's in Seattle. But, they're his former team, so it's different.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:31 AM)
Inspiration quote by Dye after tonights loss.

:finger Dye

How about when you see men on the bases, and you come up to bat, hit the f***ing ball and maybe those guys will run around the bases till they touch home.  No more King with men on.

Exactly!! A couple of 3 run homers? BFD! :angry:

TONS of rain expected tonight I think a Rain out is in the future here

DETROIT

Precip: 80%

Windy. A steady rain this evening, with showers continuing overnight. Turning cooler. Low 53F. SSW winds shifting to WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

neprecfcst600x4051vs.jpg

Edited by WSoxMatt

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
Pods, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... AJ, C ... PK, 1B ... Dye, RF ... Everett, DH ... Rowand, CF ... Ozuna, 3B ... Uribe, SS ... Contreras, RHP.

Let's see. AJ batting 3rd, Carl still in there.....

:puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke

Not gonna matter this game should get rained out!!! Overcast right now in Detroit and they wont delay the game 3 hours with a noon game tomorrow... Best bet rain the game out, let the players get a good night ret in the hotels and be ready for 2 tomorrow!!! BUT if they do get this game started... better get some EARLY runs and make sure of the lead before it does rain!!!

Edited by WSoxMatt

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
ah, so close and late in a ballgame.

those numbers reek.

Looks like they might get in 5 or 6 innings before the rain starts, so I'd bet they'll try to get it in.

that is exactly what is going to happen. a rain shortened game is going to determine our sake tonight....being a lifer i can only expect the worst and think i died when something good happens.