9-28 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
Not gonna matter  this game should get rained out!!!  Overcast right now in Detroit and they wont delay the game 3 hours with a noon game tomorrow... Best bet rain the game out, let the players get a good night ret in the hotels and be ready for 2 tomorrow!!!  BUT if they do get this game started... better get some EARLY runs and make sure of the lead before it does rain!!!

good point. I didn't realize tomorrow's game was a get of town starting time. That long flight to Cleveland from Detroit is brutal.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 04:57 PM)
I think the umpires are probably being told to do whatever they can to get the games in tonight, that's in Det. Clev. Bos and Tor... they don't want a disaster of two horrible days in a row then having a 3 way tie or something on Sunday.

Its up to the Detroit Tigers until the game starts... Then its the umps call who will be on the ohone with MLB getting sound advice!!

I'd rather have a doubleheader tomorrow, as we'd likely get more of a split-squad lineup from the Tigers in one of the games. Also, it would be cool to clinch the Wild Card if we were to win both in one day. It could give us some momentum heading into the playoffs then.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
I'd rather have a doubleheader tomorrow, as we'd likely get more of a split-squad lineup from the Tigers in one of the games.  Also, it would be cool to clinch the Wild Card if we were to win both in one game.

yes that is exactly what we need to win 2 games when only one is played. a true sox fan! :bang

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
Was there something wrong with what you said? I liked them both for once in the one time that you said it twice or more but it could have been less times than once.  :P  :bang  :bringit

Huh? I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but I was being sincere in saying thanks for the edit suggestion.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
good interview with Walker -- says everyone's pressing and that NY, Boston and Cleveland are pressing too.

Well...as long as he can guarantee that NY, Boston, and Cleveland will lose every day that we do, then I guess I can't complain.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)
right, but in his interview with Rooney I thought he said they're expecting him at anytime. Hard to understand what the hell he's saying.

Yes, he should be at the game. -- But he's not in the lineup.

The best you can hope for is him to GIDP instead of Blum.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
right, but in his interview with Rooney I thought he said they're expecting him at anytime. Hard to understand what the hell he's saying.

hopefully the only pressing the sox are doing is bench pressing. we are going to need to flex our deltoids alot in the playoffs for the cameras! :D

like a buddy of mine told me...."it isn't the kind of car you drive that is important, it is the size of the arm that you stick out the window.."