10-1 Game Thread - Charlotte @ Cleveland

Heads22

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if any of you guys agree with me or not, but the last 3 games have felt much like the first half of the year with me. The Sox just have a swagger about themselves again, and you can see that they feel that they can pull anything out if they want. 2 weeks ago, they would have caved and lost the game last night in the ninth, with runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs. Sure, Hermanson let the tying run come in, but he was in a tough spot, and got out of it without losing the game.

Like the Cars say, Let the Good Times Roll. :headbang

Edited by kyyle23

Complete lineup:

Chicago White Sox
Timo Perez RF .220
Tadahito Iguchi 2B .278
Ross Gload LF .158
Paul Konerko 1B .281
Carl Everett DH .252
Aaron Rowand CF .270
A.J. Pierzynski C .256
Geoff Blum SS .187
Pablo Ozuna 3B .276
 Jon Garland P (17-10 3.53)

Cleveland Indians
Grady Sizemore CF .292
Coco Crisp LF .302
Jhonny Peralta SS .292
Travis Hafner DH .303
Victor Martinez C .307
Ronnie Belliard 2B .284
Ben Broussard 1B .259
Aaron Boone 3B .242
Casey Blake RF .239
 Jake Westbrook P (15-14 4.46)

Umpires: HP: Tim Welke 1B: Gary Cederstrom 2B: Bill Welke 3B: Brian O'Nora

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 10:14 AM)
Timo Perez, RF

Tadahito Iguchi, 2B

Ross Gload, LF

Paul Konerko, 1B

Carl Everett, DH

Aaron Rowand, CF

A.J. Pierzynski, C

Geoff Blum, SS

Pablo Ozuna, 3B

Jon Garland, RHP

thats a little more respectable than yesterday.....what i find funny though is that you have rowand, AJ and everett who have all batted #3 this year, yet we bat a guy who hasnt been on the team all year at 3rd? i guess i just dont get it

QUOTE(daa84 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 12:48 PM)
thats a little more respectable than yesterday.....what i find funny though is that you have rowand, AJ and everett who have all batted #3 this year, yet we bat a guy who hasnt been on the team all year at 3rd? i guess i just dont get it

We aren't trying to win, what don't you get? :P

QUOTE(daa84 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)

This is obviously going to be Rowands, Jurassic and AJ's spots in the playoffs.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)

Ya, like Jimbo's said I'm sure that's where they are batting for the postseason with Jermaine in the 3 hole, that definitely makes me happy. :)

Boy, the White Sox are not making it easy on Cleveland. As frustrating as it's been to be a White Sox fan these past few weeks, it has got to be really rough to be a Cleveland fan this weekend. Talk about nail biting.

QUOTE(JimH @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
Boy, the White Sox are not making it easy on Cleveland.  As frustrating as it's been to be a White Sox fan these past few weeks, it has got to be really rough to be a Cleveland fan this weekend.  Talk about nail biting.

No doubt. I'm surprised we don't have any runs yet, our regulars are swinging the bat pretty well so far, not much to show for it though.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
I'm getting the Red Sawx game here.  I wouldn't have been mad to get the Sox game, but I don't think I'm mad about this.  Our Sox have nothing left to prove this weekend.

I'm mad. Wasn't one of the weekend games supposed to be on WGN before Fox and ESPN claimed them? I get to see so few Sox games, anyway.

The Sox could make it up to me by going, oh, 11-1 after this weekend. (Y'know, gotta have some suspense.)

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
I'm mad.  Wasn't one of the weekend games supposed to be on WGN before Fox and ESPN claimed them?  I get to see so few Sox games, anyway.

The Sox could make it up to me by going, oh, 11-1 after this weekend.  (Y'know, gotta have some suspense.)

We were supposed to be on WGN tonight at 6, but Fox stole the game.

NICE GRAB Gload. They were just doing some picture/picture for awhile on Fox.